Toyota Nation Forum banner

Anyone know where to find a cheap, decent cargo divider?

1327 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  zmanphx
As the title states, I like the toyota one but to damn expensive.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Chicks dig it...!
'06 Tacoma EC Sport
1,899 Posts
Here's a thread with some info for you...

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t138573.html

I have the Highland divider, the one you see on the red truck in those pics.

I had to drill a new hole for one of the feet since they don't line up perfectly with ridges in the bottom of the truck, but that shouldn't be an issue if you have a bed mat.

The other problem with it is that the bottom gets kicked out by heavy items, even with those feet. Next modification to it I am going to lenghten those feet considerably, probably by shoving some dowel through them, so it won't kick out.

The cargo net that comes with it is pretty tight so I find it useless. I might get a toyota cargo net and do what Elwinna did so I have something for grocery bags. Finally, one of the rubber pads that hold it agsint the bed came off, so I have to re-glue it.

It has served some function but I am not totally happy with it...I think a bed mat would work better to keep stuff from sliding around. Maybe the two of them in conjunction would be the ticket. That bed is so slippery that practically everything you put into it turns into a bowling ball and wreaks havoc.

· Registered
06 Taco 4x4 TRD
800 Posts
bed mat

novataco said:
It has served some function but I am not totally happy with it...I think a bed mat would work better to keep stuff from sliding around. Maybe the two of them in conjunction would be the ticket. That bed is so slippery that practically everything you put into it turns into a bowling ball and wreaks havoc.
Nova,

I highly recommend the bed mat, if you are considering opinions. Night and day difference. I've had the Toyota one for six months and it's still pretty sticky. I only use my cargo divider now for taller, tippy loads.

XC,

I have the Toyota divider and I have to report I like it. Pretty solid. At first I found it hard to move, but I figured out a procedure so I don't have to hop into the bed. Also, I reversed the sliders so it fits snugly against the cab when not in use, I think that's the way it should have been designed in the first place. It is expensive, but if you can find a used one from somebody here or on ebay, you should consider it.

· Chicks dig it...!
'06 Tacoma EC Sport
1,899 Posts
^ true, and I forgot to mention that. I did hear a little crack sound the first time I overtightened, but I don't find any crack. Now I don't overtighten and it stays in place OK with moderate tension.

Turdonor, I will get the bed matt sometime soon...after the bank account replentishes after Christmas.

The factory divider is not a solution for me as it won't work with my tonneau cover without major modifications...

· Car Dealers Suck !
644 Posts
novataco said:
^ true, and I forgot to mention that. I did hear a little crack sound the first time I overtightened, but I don't find any crack. Now I don't overtighten and it stays in place OK with moderate tension.

Turdonor, I will get the bed matt sometime soon...after the bank account replentishes after Christmas.

The factory divider is not a solution for me as it won't work with my tonneau cover without major modifications...
Also do not leave it in if you are not using it. Change in temp will cause it to expand and crack the bed also. When I say crack I dont mean it will blow a hole through it but you will see spidering if you look for it. These beds have tons of fibers in them so even if it spiders it will hold together .

· Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,765 Posts
i plan on getting the OEM bed divider and Cargo cross bars. i can get the employee discount from my friends at the sales desk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.