Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and the old man went fishing this weekend, and I decided that I needed to transport the rods in the bed as opposed to in the cab. Our smaller three- and four-piece rods can either go in my tool box or in the cab, but I'd like to install some way to keep the longer rod tubes fixed to the bed while we're travelling.

I'm looking for ideas - has anyone done anything similar? I invision something like that used for mounting a Hi-Lift jack... but I'm interested in what, if anything, others have done.

Thanks in advance.

·
Official TN Member
45 Posts
my friend has some type of rack attached to his toolbox to hold his poles. don't really know what it is but have seen pics if that is any help.

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have links to the pics? My first thought was some kind of ABS pipe clip, but that has to match the diameter of specific rod tubes. Something with an adjustable strap might be better, to hold rod tubes in place along the length of the bed.

·
Offical Tacoma Driver
2008 Indigo DC LB
157 Posts
I just picked up some rod holders by berkley. They offer the horizontal and vertical ones. They can hold six rod n reel combos. I plan on cutting the horizontal one in half and mounting them to the inside of the bed, three poles on each side. They have a mounting hole to attach to the bed. They are the abs plastic. They are kind of cheap, hell only $10 at wal-mart.

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i tow a 14' rod holder behind my truck when i go fishing...
Do you have to run the engines on the back to make it work though? :lol:

·
Registered
112 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts