Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad just got an 86 corolla.. Atleast I think its an 86 but it was in a front end collision and nothing works.. no brake lights, headlights, nothing works.. the aftermarket cd player works.. is there a rest button some where on the car to rest it so everything can work? The car ran awesome untill the girl reended a truck.. Only things that was messed up was the front bumper and ratatior.. but anyways.. I just want to know if there is a rest button or osmething some where...

thanks!

G

·
sounds like a wire is shorting out somewhere. check around the bumper and the radiator. also there is a fuse box in the car and in the engine bay, check all fuses. and no there is no reset button, there is no automatic shutoff solenoid. abd there is definetly something wrong with the wires/fuses. does the car turn on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just got off the phone with my dad and the headlights do work.. it has a secrity sytem on it.. could that have went bad? there is a red light where u put the key... but could that secrity system have went bad?!

·
The TN Member
ae101 levin&trueno
1,273 Posts
Could be the immobiliser on the alarm. Could also be almost anything.

This kind of problem is almost impossible to solve online, especially with you description of the problem (or lack there of). Find find a mate/neighbour who is competent with cars or find a shop to fix it.

·
Registered
Infinity FX35
31 Posts
this car most likely has a blown "fusible link". It is a wire connected to the battery + post that has a fat looking section in it near the connection with the battery. Your local parts supplier can sell you a new one.You replace the whole wire. be sure to check for a possible short before connecting the new link or you could end up with 2 blown links.

·
Registered
corolla xrs
55 Posts
ya if the radio work but the light don't it could be as simple as a fuse just check if some are broken( which could happen after a front end collision)
or it could be a wire that needs new connection
just check if you got power going to your light maybe the bulb need to be replace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.