Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a need for speed, and i like trucks. there is a problem tho, i like my 4x4, and i also like cornering at high speeds, :D dont we all? with my suspension mods it sits up a little bit and flexes more, so not exactly the perfect street rod if you know what i mean. essentially what i would like to do is buy a 2wd tacoma, and stuff my s/c 5vz-fe in there and make it fly. i know the s-runner comes with a v6, but what are the chances ill actually find one without paying top dollar? so if anyone has any experience with stuffing a 5vz-fe into a late model 2wd tacoma let me know... :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
67 Posts
you'd have to get different motor mounts but it can be done....engine bay between the 4wd models and minis are the same...instead of going thru all that work, why don't u get a mini, and then turbo it instead?

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
I seem to remember reading about people stuffing 7mgte (MKIII Supra Turbo) engines into the older 'yota trucks. Dunno about the newer stuff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what id essentially like to do is just make it a total sleeper truck. the only thing that may give it away would be some fat ass tires, and the exhaust note. other than that i want it to look totally stock. no lowering kit, ground effects, stickers, neon paint, none of that. i would prefer to stay with the 5vz just because ive gotten really familiar with how everything works on it. however ive had another thought in the back of my mind to maybe see if the 4.7 would fit under there :D im not really interested in making this a daily driver either, just something to slam around in. thanks for the input guys, if any of you know any sites that have some information from those who have done it before or anything like that let me know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what you mean by mini?

·
Registered
14 Posts
In the late 90s the V6 was available in extended cab models. I am not sure if they ever built any since the dealer couldn't find one in the Midwest. But the point is, it could be done with factory parts.

Why stop with that? Go for the V8!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts