Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using one of these on a Gen 5? I see it will display simple things like MPG and RPMs, but I am more interested if it will display Trans temps, coolant temps (with alarm feature), Oil pressure and AFR. Has anyone been able to see these on the Gen 5 4 cylinder? I realize there will be no data stream if there is no temp/pressure sending unit, so that is part of my question as well.

·
Registered
09 Corolla Base
1,746 Posts
Go online to Scanguage and download the instruction manual. Using the Xgauge feature different displays can be programmed in. It varies by year/model and which version of Scangauge you have. My Corolla has trans temp(custom program) and coolant temp, but no alarm.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Essentially Trans temp functionality is my deciding factor here. I've read the features and manuals of both the Scanguage ii and Ultraguage, and if the Scanguage can read trans temp on a Gen 5 4-cyl Auto Camry, Ill buy it. From what I've been able to research, my car does have a trans temp sensor, but I have not found anyone that says they can or can not view the readout on a Scanguage.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,386 Posts
I use OBDLINK LX and it can read from all the same networks as the TechStream. Depending on which OBDLINK you get, you either have to pay $10 for your specific vehicle or you can get everything. On the other hand, the PID speed will NOT be as advertised because it will be a limitation on the vehicle protocols so the speed is not as fast as expected. Not that big of a deal for me though. I used to care about read extra gauges but in the end I just ignored it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Bluetooth OBD tool and Torque Pro but it does not display Transmission Temp like I want and I would prefer a dedicated unit and screen for gauges/mpg display.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,386 Posts
I have a Bluetooth OBD tool and Torque Pro but it does not display Transmission Temp like I want and I would prefer a dedicated unit and screen for gauges/mpg display.
Torque Pro will display "basic" live data. OBDLINK is able to read most if not all of the PIDs available to it if it is in TechStream.
  • Generic OBD2
    • Included modules on Network A
    • I believe this is the default OBD2 that you get. It will read the basics that most OBD2 scanners will read along with some live data.
  • Network A
    • ABS/VSC/TRAC
    • Air Conditioner
    • Combination Meter
    • Cruise Control
    • Engine and Electronic Controlled Transmission
  • Tire Pressure Monitor
  • SRS Airbag
  • Occupant Detection
  • Immobilizer
  • Network F
    • Accessory Gateway
    • Driver Power Window
    • Main Body
    • Sliding Roof
    • Theft Deterrent
This mirrors what a TechStream can read but it is highly dependent on the vehicle. And I have read my ATF temperature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts