Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
Well.. who really buys a race track on ebay? It's not just something you order on the weekend with your visa card. :lol:

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
If all of TN chips in 200 dollars the track would be ours..

That said considering we have 20,000 members who are active and willing to send money in to a raceway a majority of them will never visit. :) :lol:

That'd be soo tight. :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
man what a shity road corse... if you look at its geomitry it hasnothing cool, technical or chalanging in it al all.. other then one sweeping S turn that any grandmother can run right. (tipical red neck road racing). other then that having the oval's is prity sweet. to bad its in the midel of bumb'svill no where.

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
Zrain said:
man what a shity road corse... if you look at its geomitry it hasnothing cool, technical or chalanging in it al all.. other then one sweeping S turn that any grandmother can run right. (tipical red neck road racing). other then that having the oval's is prity sweet. to bad its in the midel of bumb'svill no where.
Yea, it's a pretty mixed course. It would have been nicer if they would have had a 1/4 mile drag strip instead of a quarter midget course.

:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
*sigh* if only we COULD get everyone to put down some money, i'd put down 10G's in a heartbeat to get out own TN track.

·
Registered
6 Posts
wicked, we are up to $10,300, now all we need is a winning lottery ticket.....oh, and hte 10G's i said i would put down, is in Canadian money, so we are actually up to about $350 USD

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
i wonder how much it would cost to build a drag strip/road course

could be a future undertaking of mine later in life.

·
Registered
6 Posts
well first you gotta find a plot of land...

A) Large enough to suit your design
B) In an area that allows for the noise + stuff
C) In an area that needs a track so you will make some money
D) Once you have actually bought the land (thats 150 to 200 G's) you have to pay for all the paving (and thats EXPENSIVE) not to mention then endless hours of prepping the land for a track AND the actual design for the track

lets just say for a track you better be able to invest at least a Mil, at least.

·
Ferocious Teddy Bear
674 Posts
i'd move it i bought 1/20,000 of a track. SHIT, ill manage if yall need a manager, any one for the pits???

·
Registered
6 Posts
PITS, DIBS!

heeeey, land is cheap and a plenty up here in canada, maybe we should invest in making one up here!

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
drewscam said:
haha, lets all just buy property, build condos and a tn race track in the middle

of course a drag strip also
Your straight just needs to be long enough for a 1/4 mile track with room to slow down, then you can have road course and drag together :D

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Zrain said:
Hey! ******** like running around in circles!! ever heard of Nascar??? :mad:

:lol:

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
REN69 said:
Hey! ******** like running around in circles!! ever heard of Nascar??? :mad:
...and NASCAR sucks too ;)

·
not actual size
Camry
1,899 Posts
I've thought a bit about the feasability of building a track (mainly so I can have a place to drive, but also to make money ;) )

As I see it, you've got a significant initial outlay for things listed already, such as purchase, paving, etc. You also may need to deal with zoning problems, permits, that sort of thing.

Once you have everything purchased and legal, you STILL have to lay out a significant chunk for insurance. And depending on ordinances and insurance, you may have to pay to have medical staff on hand. Even if you have a waiver of liability, you still need to cover for property damage and liability.

As well, you've got utilities and normal upkeep.

So you really have to make sure you're in the right market to be able to even stay afloat... Tracks nearby to me charge quite a bit for useage, typically in the thousands of dollars for 6 hours or so. Even with high rates like that, I still wonder how they stay afloat.

btw, siver... I really like your sig :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts