Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rolla Rider
09 Corolla LE
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As long as your lights are is perfect condition, I'll trade straight up my chrome headlights for your black lights. I'd also be willing to ship first so you don't have to go a week without headlights. Or if you're close that'd be a lot easier (I'm in Morgantown near pittsburgh). Hit me up if you're interested. It's better than paying $300+ at the dealer.

Or if no one want to trade I suppose I could paint them and maybe do a write up on it...

·
Registered
612 Posts
have you tried ebay buddy? I see lots of 2009 lights already on there, both black housing and chrome.
I think you missed the point that he is trying to avoid paying a lot of money for something he already has.

Hopefully you will find someone interested, I cant imagine painting them would turn out too well.

·
Rolla Rider
09 Corolla LE
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figure I will just paint them. It should still be pretty cheap to do to. I'm just nervous about messing up. Hey, maybe I can get rid of that stupid little orange reflector while I'm at it! Nice...

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
nate89 i just wanna ask you... are there 09 corollas with black housing and not chrome?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
my canadian corolla S has chrome headlight housing. the lens is a bit dark. the reflectors are of course chrome. but the parts surrounding the reflectors are also chrome.

·
Registered
121 Posts
my canadian corolla S has chrome headlight housing. the lens is a bit dark. the reflectors are of course chrome. but the parts surrounding the reflectors are also chrome.
Really now. Every S i've seen has had the black surrounds. Thats so odd.

From the toyota site:

CE LE S XRS
Black Headlamp Surround - - S S

They should be standard.

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
probably because you dont know what your looking at. you obviously dont know anything about cars, case in point your "extra layers of clear coat." :rofl: that will never get old.
apparently neither do you... case in point
its probably because you dont know what youre doing. you probably have the gear selector in 3, and not D. if its not in D then it wont downshift when you apply more throttle. read the manual.
Read more carefully next time. The guy has an XRS, which has the 5spd Slush Box with Tiptronic P-R-N-D (S), not P-R-N-D-3-2-L :rofl: :clap:

Now lets all play nice, everyone says dumbshit all the time on here. they are just little misunderstandings

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Really now. Every S i've seen has had the black surrounds. Thats so odd.

From the toyota site:

CE LE S XRS
Black Headlamp Surround - - S S

They should be standard.

like i said everthing in the headlamps of my 09 corolla S is chrome except for the orange signal light portion and the lightly tinted lens. i dont see anything that is black in there. the picture is below:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
good picture comparison.

correct the circle surrounding the reflectors are black but not black housing as posted by got-rice (2nd to the original post).

·
Registered
121 Posts
good picture comparison.

correct the circle surrounding the reflectors are black but not black housing as posted by got-rice (2nd to the original post).
That black "circle" surrounding the reflectors is the very definition of a Black Housing. :disappoin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts