Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
PSU TACO
05 Access Cab TACO
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a black x-runner that debadged? I am looking to buy the black badges. I would like to replace my chrome colored with the black.
If not I may just go with the powercoat option.:ts:

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
Plow78 said:
Anyone have a black x-runner that debadged? I am looking to buy the black badges.
I think he is asking if anyone that debadged their black badges, would they want to sell them or something. Am I right Plow78? :confused:

·
05 Speedwayblue X-runner
1,787 Posts
Plow78 said:
Anyone have a black x-runner that debadged? I am looking to buy the black badges. I would like to replace my chrome colored with the black.
If not I may just go with the powercoat option.:ts:
I didn't know that the X-R badges came in crome:confused: All badges that I saw on the X-R were the same color of the trucks: Speedwayblue, Black, and Red.

·
PSU TACO
05 Access Cab TACO
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bigblue said:
I think he is asking if anyone that debadged their black badges, would they want to sell them or something. Am I right Plow78? :confused:

You are correct BB. I have a NON x-runner I have the 4x4 TRd Taco and Would like to install the black badges and remove my chrome colored badges. :D

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
Plow78 said:

You are correct BB. I have a NON x-runner I have the 4x4 TRd Taco and Would like to install the black badges and remove my chrome colored badges. :D
Okay, like everyone else is saying, the Tacoma emblems on the xrunner's do not come in black. They are chrome just like on all the rest of them. You would have to get some and get them powercoated to get them black.

IMO, I would just take them off and leave them off, that's what I did, no badges, I love it.:whatwhat:

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
AlpineJLAudio said:
There are no TACOMA emblems on the X-Runners.

You would have to order new ones and powdercoat them.
Can you not remove them without destroying them? And, I thought they were plastic? Can you powder coat plastic? Not saying you can't, 'cause I don't know. Would a good prep and paint not work? Just wondering. I'd like to have mine in black.

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
When I took the emblems off my truck, they broke.

Maybe it was because I just wanted them off. It was hard not to break them. They will definately bend.

Plus the adhesive is done after you remove it, there is no way to stick them back on.

You WILL need new ones if you want to change the color of the emblems.

·
Registered
2005 X-Runner R/R
85 Posts
You can order the emblems from the dealership and pay for it. I am buying just the
X-Runner part of the badge it is $23.00 and you can get the tacoma in red,blue, or black. Your just going to get ripped off.

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
Well, since my last post, I got mine off. I used 20# spider wire, and it cut thru the glue like butter. Note to self: wear gloves next time. No damage to the badge, and, the glue was split evenly (pretty much) between the badge and the truck, leaving a solid backing on the badge. I'm sure I could paint em and find a good adhesive to re-apply them, too.

IDK though, I kinda like the "bald" look.

·
redx
2006 tacoma xrunner
86 Posts
my xrunner doesnt have chrome badges..theyre color coated red.. but i am wanting to replace them with black ones..probably just the one that says xrunner..anyone got one in black?

·
Registered
141 Posts
helimx said:
my xrunner doesnt have chrome badges..theyre color coated red.. but i am wanting to replace them with black ones..probably just the one that says xrunner..anyone got one in black?
As an option, you can order the logo in black from the dealer. My paint/body guy just ordered the X-Runner logo for me and it only took a few days to get. I don't know how much though, my paint guy paid for it!

·
Registered
05 x-runner
38 Posts
NorCalTacoma said:
There are no TACOMA emblems on the X-Runners.

You would have to order new ones and powdercoat them.
mine had one chrome colored TACOMA emblem on the passenger door. Looked really goofy so i took it off after getting home from the dealership

·
Thrash Metal
05 BSP X-Runner
189 Posts
All X-Runner badges are the same color as the truck Black, Red , Blue..
On the tail gate lower left hand side it says Toyota tocoma, upper right it says X-Runner, The only chrome on my truck is the T in the front grill and headlights :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts