Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about smoking out my lights. i wanna see what it looks like before hand. i also gotta check with my friends dad to see if he will pass me for inspection.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
i am thinking about smoking out my lights. i wanna see what it looks like before hand. i also gotta check with my friends dad to see if he will pass me for inspection.
the canadian corolla S has smoked headlights.

·
yuuup!
293 Posts
I have my headlights and tailights with an "iron" film...it darkened my headlights and taillights slightly but I would highly recommend them if you're looking for something to change the entire look of the car.

a picture can be found from my twitter

link here : http://twitpic.com/3949o

...formal pictures will follow once I get my new wheels! =)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have my headlights and tailights with an "iron" film...it darkened my headlights and taillights slightly but I would highly recommend them if you're looking for something to change the entire look of the car.

can i see a picture of the taillights? and maybe the headlights on at night?

it actually looks not bad and i have a white one too so I'm considering now

·
Registered
09 Corolla Matrix
665 Posts
I stick to smoking herbs rather than headlights these days :weed:

·
Registered
67 Posts

Looks good! Did you do anything with the fog lights? Are they smoked? If not, is it now a big contrast between the two?

·
yuuup!
293 Posts
Looks good! Did you do anything with the fog lights? Are they smoked? If not, is it now a big contrast between the two?

The fog lights have 3M yellow film on them as well and I should also add that the "iron film" does not affect the light output from the headlights/taillights at all. There may be a slight tint to them but it is not noticeable to the public eye and all lights remain fully functional :thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
The fog lights have 3M yellow film on them as well and I should also add that the "iron film" does not affect the light output from the headlights/taillights at all. There may be a slight tint to them but it is not noticeable to the public eye and all lights remain fully functional :thumbsup:
Nice! Where can I get more info on iron film? I would love to get those on my car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a S model and I see the black housing. I also took a very close look at the head light covering. It is slightly tinted. I even took a closer look an an angle so that I'm just looking through the head light cover itself without the black housing in the background. I'm certain that it is slightly tinted.

Looking at a regular Corolla you can tell that it is clear in comparison.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got mine done today... I now want to take off the front grill badge... anyone know if it is bolted in or does it come out like the others with say foss thread?

·
uh..no, it's not a hybrid
3,486 Posts
So I guess that none of you are concerned with headlamp performance when you do this?
:confused:

·
Registered
612 Posts
I got mine done today... I now want to take off the front grill badge... anyone know if it is bolted in or does it come out like the others with say foss thread?
Its not adhesive or bolted, but uses clips that can be removed rather easy.

That tint looks pretty dark, how much of an impact has it had on your visibility at night?

·
yuuup!
293 Posts
So I guess that none of you are concerned with headlamp performance when you do this?
:confused:
Once the snow goes away (yes it came back to Calgary) I'll do a day/night photo shoot of my car and show you how the film that I have on my headlights BARELY affect the light output.

The other films/tints I see in this thread however seem very dark compared to mine so I can't speak for those ones LOL.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts