Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Corolla
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All - is there anyone who has any experience with the Unichip for the 10th Gen? I saw some threads early on questioning availability but could not find anyone with it installed. I previously owned trucks and have had experience with a similar unit - Superchip (best performance with this was 16HP on the F150 I owned - but it was also tuned for CAI and cat back dual exhaust)..... I have also seen this used on vehicles with very limited HP gains. Just looking to see if anyone has any real-world exposure on our vheicles... Thanks

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Corolla
142 Posts
There is a guy from the unichip website who owns a 10th gen S with the unichip. Contact the website and ask about it...I have also looked into this

Reactions: mafan

·
Registered
Toyota Corolla XRS
111 Posts
i heard unichip does damage to the engine overtime. i dont know if its true but i am interested in it still. but i dont know if i can trust it fully.

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Corolla
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have emailed unichip requesting WHP on two setups: (1) stock 1.8L and (2) 1.8L with CAI+performance exhaust. Based on the power curves they have on the website for the 1ZZ-FE engine, it looks like a ~8HP gain but I will await their formal response and post what they say

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Corolla
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i heard unichip does damage to the engine overtime. i dont know if its true but i am interested in it still. but i dont know if i can trust it fully.
While I have no experience with Unichip specifically, I do have a lot of experience with the model offered by Superchips (which I had on my trucks) and experienced absolutely no problems :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Toyota Corolla XRS
111 Posts
While I have no experience with Unichip specifically, I do have a lot of experience with the model offered by Superchips (which I had on my trucks) and experienced absolutely no problems :thumbsup:

Nice thanks. i do have one more question, how long did you have the superchips on your trucks?

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Corolla
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice thanks. i do have one more question, how long did you have the superchips on your trucks?
2 Years (approx 60k miles) and 4 years (approx 132k miles) respectively on my Dodge and Ford respectively. I installed the one in my Dodge at about 30k miles and in my Ford at 1k. The chip worked much better in the Ford IMO. Also note that I was religious about maintenance on this vehicle however (synthetic oil changes every 5k and trasmission flush every 30k).

·
Registered
160 Posts
I know its bring a post from the past but anyone gotten this yet?

·
Registered
Toyota Matrix
107 Posts
I know its bring a post from the past but anyone gotten this yet?
I actually read this thread before I bought my Unichip PnP computer. No one posted bad things about it so I bought it anyway. I installed it in my 2ZR-FE Matrix. I think the throttle response is better. I have it mapped to my short ram air intake, street headers and axle back exhaust. The high octane map doesn't seem to work as well as the low one for me (the default setting). I tested the high octane map with 98 octane fuel and noticed that the shifts seemed slower and the car felt sluggish. The instructions stated that this could possibly occur.

·
Registered
160 Posts
So you dnt you notice much of a diff.?

·
Registered
Toyota Matrix
107 Posts
I noticed a difference in performance and think it was worth the cost. I probably could've had the car dyno-tuned for less than the Unichip module and had the same results, but the Unichip gives me the flexibility of resetting the ECU back to its default settings by simplying disconnecting it, or tuning it for future upgrades with Unichips tuning software (not that I would ever do this). Since the module is tuned by Unichip specifically for your aftermarket parts, I would recommend installing it after you've had a chance to install your intake, headers and exhaust.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Cool cool. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts