Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Sedan
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mounted Apex Rear Accessory Spoiler Toyota OEM Part # PT29A-02210-22 (Black)

Note: Uses existing factory spoiler holes for XSE and SE models. estimated 30 min install with the removal of the old wing and adhesive and installation of new one.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I am very much considering doing this. The $250-$300 is a little more than I really care to spend, but certainly a possibility.

Also for those looking it up, I believe the part number is actually PT29A-02210-02(just adding the A).

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Sedan
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am very much considering doing this. The $250-$300 is a little more than I really care to spend, but certainly a possibility.

Also for those looking it up, I believe the part number is actually PT29A-02210-02(just adding the A).
Good call on "A" typo excited to post. edited. It's not bad most places sell the wing for example 150 and you need to get it painted another 150
so almost same price. I just like its OEM fit and quality

·
Registered
475 Posts
Good call on "A" typo excited to post. edited. It's not bad most places sell the wing for example 150 and you need to get it painted another 150
so almost same price. I just like its OEM fit and quality
Oh I definitely do too. I realized my comment came off kinda negative, but in reality this is super high up on the list of mods for the car. Just behind sound system upgrade.

Reactions: elabsNX2k

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Sedan
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[edited] Plan to get one today. Anything that's worth notice when removing and installing?
Trunk plastic clips get a proper pick to pull out from lining otherwise you'll crack it. Cracked 3 being impatient lol
Heat gun or hair dryer to remove adhesive cleanly off trunk

·
Registered
2020 TOYOTA Corolla sedan
26 Posts
Trunk plastic clips get a proper pick to pull out from lining otherwise you'll crack it. Cracked 3 being impatient lol
Heat gun or hair dryer to remove adhesive cleanly off trunk
Got the part, surprisingly it is in blue instead of black and Idk why. Worked two hours trying the remove the nuts on the original spoiler and failed. 3/8 is too small while 7/16 is too big and it slipped... bought a universal fit, while the nail stick out too much and unable to put it in... very frustrating. 😔LOL I guess someday drive to a local car fix shop and ask them to do me a favor.

Could you tell how did you remove the nuts when you replace it?

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Sedan
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I re-used the same one. It's only two 10mm nuts. I used deep socket, came right off. If it didn't come off, I wonder if the dealer used Loctite on it. Had a few friends do the swap and it took them 45min to an hour. Suprised you had a hard time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I re-used the same one. It's only two 10mm nuts. I used deep socket, came right off. If it didn't come off, I wonder if the dealer used Loctite on it. Had a few friends do the swap and it took them 45min to an hour. Suprised you had a hard time.
lol I was unable to find the correct screw for those 2 nuts. Try all of my tools and also bought a new set of screws from home depot while all of them are not working. I will check if my friends have extra tools. 😂

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Sedan
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
let me get this straight you broke the actual mounting screw from the new spoiler?

·
Registered
26 Posts
let me get this straight you broke the actual mounting screw from the new spoiler?
nono, I just can’t take the nuts off, so the original spoiler’s still on my car. Everything’s intact while too intact that I can’t take it off. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Sedan
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nono, I just can’t take the nuts off, so the original spoiler’s still on my car. Everything’s intact while too intact that I can’t take it off. 🤷‍♂️
10 mm socket wrench thats all u need, if there is loctite maybe heat the thread then loosen

·
Registered
26 Posts
10 mm socket wrench thats all u need, if there is loctite maybe heat the thread then loosen
yea, plan to grab a socket set at local auto store. The one I got from Home Depot was useless. It only have 3/8 and 7/16 inches. One does not fit one too big...

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Sedan
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for pointing the size out, I tried to look for it online while everybody talked about the nuts on wheels...
It helped a lot
Gotta get the right tool to get the job done, quick hacks and universal solutions dont work

1 - 20 of 34 Posts