Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
My other car is a Camry
Camry
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in trouble here guys.. I need the settings for the SAFC... not the fuel maps and tuning, but I need the sensor input numbers, sensor calc number, type of sensor (hotwire, Flap, etc...), etc...

I am sure some of you guys got the SAFC running with no problems. Can you guys help me out on the settings you have used? Thanx in advance :smile:

·
it was all a dream
4,204 Posts
These are settings for the 1MZ-FE:

Sensor type: HotWire
-01 In 01 Out, 1 In 1 Out
-Engine Type is 6cyl (obviously)
-Throttle up (arrow pointing up)

hope that helps Tony!

latez.

·
My other car is a Camry
Camry
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ratko! Do you have the SAFC in your Camry as well? I am having trouble wiring the SAFC in my '94 V6 LE, and I am hoping that your Camry is also a '94 V6? The wiring diagram for the Solara or the Gen4 V6 doesn't work at all, and I am basically spending hours tracing the wiring on a full shop manual...and it sucks!

·
it was all a dream
4,204 Posts
On 2002-03-06 18:44, Tony the Tiger wrote:
Thanks Ratko! Do you have the SAFC in your Camry as well? I am having trouble wiring the SAFC in my '94 V6 LE, and I am hoping that your Camry is also a '94 V6? The wiring diagram for the Solara or the Gen4 V6 doesn't work at all, and I am basically spending hours tracing the wiring on a full shop manual...and it sucks!
Yeah, mine is a 94 V6 also, but I dont have an S-AFC yet. Im looking for one for around $500 or less (maybe you know where). Ive spent quite a bit researching the S-AFC and it looked pretty simple, except i need the wiring schematic of our ECU's so i know which wires to tap/splice.

How is it going so far? There is the power, RPM, throttle, and 2 grounds to tap, then there is the air-flow/pressure wire that needs to be spliced. You said you had the service manual, does it have the color chart/diagram for our ECU's?

thanks, and BTW- where are you mounting yours?

"One cannot be betrayed if one has no people." --Kobayashi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ratko on 2002-03-06 20:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
Highlander
1,633 Posts
On 2002-03-06 18:44, Tony the Tiger wrote:
I have a friend's Toyota manual, and here is what I can see.

1) Throttle: blue wire on E7 (A) plug

2) Tachometer: black wire on E10 (D) plug

3) MAF: blue-black wire on E8 (B) plug

The 12V switched can be probed. From the manual, I'm not sure if B+ is 12V constant or 12V switched. For the ground, usually, it's a 14-gauge brown wire, but can be probed out also. But please check on these 3 first, I'm not 100% sure about them.

Luc

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Ratko said:
These are settings for the 1MZ-FE:

Sensor type: HotWire
-01 In 01 Out, 1 In 1 Out

What exactly do these numbers control?

-Sens No-
In Out
01 01

AND

-Sens Cal-
In Out
1... 1

I plan on tuning in the near future and I'd like to get a better understanding of what these numbers actually do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.