Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 HL Platinum Blueprint
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a few weeks now, I've been getting the same notification that my "2021 Highlander trunk/hatch is open and unlocked". I've opened and closed it several times, deleted and reinstalled the Toyota app, and logged in and out of the app. Nothing seems to take the notification away. I used to get the typical notifications - vehicle location/parked, doors locked/unlocked, etc. but now all that shows up is that my hatch is open. Any ideas??

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
About a week ago I noticed that the only status screen was very incomplete and only showed a couple of items. It's fine now. Sometimes their system has a bad day.
When's the last time your car moved? I've found that it stops getting updates within a few minutes of the last time I turn it off for the day. I'm sure it's a way to cut down on cellular data costs from the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It moves daily. This is the only notification I’ve been getting for weeks. It updates vehicle status just fine. I think I’ll call the dealership and double check it’s really a glitch in the app and not my car‘s hatch being misaligned.

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
Probably a glitch in the app. If you don't have an open door notice on the car itself, then the car would think the door is closed.

·
Registered
'21 Highlander Hybrid XLE
39 Posts
We get this as well, drives us nuts! EVERY time my wife gets home from work, a few minutes after parking in the garage... doors unlocked but not open.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Platinum - Moon Dust
443 Posts
For a few weeks now, I've been getting the same notification that my "2021 Highlander trunk/hatch is open and unlocked". I've opened and closed it several times, deleted and reinstalled the Toyota app, and logged in and out of the app. Nothing seems to take the notification away. I used to get the typical notifications - vehicle location/parked, doors locked/unlocked, etc. but now all that shows up is that my hatch is open. Any ideas??
If you pull down the app down so it does a refresh doe the problem persist? I have had alerts before where my 2020 is unlocked but when pulled down the screen so the app does a resync with the vehicle it corrects itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you pull down the app down so it does a refresh doe the problem persist? I have had alerts before where my 2020 is unlocked but when pulled down the screen so the app does a resync with the vehicle it corrects itself.
No. That never works. Same notification. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, too. I could understand if it actually was open, but it’s not. Guess I’ll wait for a fix to the app.

·
Registered
2021 Platinum Black/Glazed Caramel
13 Posts
I also get the doors to lock or car to start about every other try. The app is weak.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I just find it really weird that the experience is not the same for everyone even though it's the same app. Been working well for me. :confused:

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Highlander XLE AWD
27 Posts
I just find it really weird that the experience is not the same for everyone even though it's the same app. Been working well for me. :confused:
Same here, never experienced this issue before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We get this as well, drives us nuts! EVERY time my wife gets home from work, a few minutes after parking in the garage... doors unlocked but not open.
If you go to notifications you can chose which ones you get. I brought my vehicle home the first time and woke up the next morning to all kinds of alerts. I shut them all off except sunroof open.

·
Registered
'21 Highlander Hybrid XLE
39 Posts
If you go to notifications you can chose which ones you get. I brought my vehicle home the first time and woke up the next morning to all kinds of alerts. I shut them all off except sunroof open.
I should have been more specific... It's the trunk/hatch is open and unlocked notification. Happens every time, even though she doesn't open the hatch when she gets home. I know there's notifications settings but we kinda want to know if we leave the hatch open haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts