Toyota Nation Forum banner

821 - 839 of 839 Posts

·
1,497 Posts
Anyone having problem connection to their apple car play? I have a 2018 SE I have tried 2 different connector to see if it was my cable. It worked fine before but with the recent update of Toyota my car play keeps disconnecting at different times or it will not connect to my iphone. So wondering if there is an update for car play or is it my usb port?
Try doing a reset. Delete personal settings on entune.

·
Registered
12 Posts
any one having issues with navigation volume, there seems to be no way to turn it up or down, it does not pause spoken audio just talks with it. have base unit.

·
1,497 Posts
any one having issues with navigation volume, there seems to be no way to turn it up or down, it does not pause spoken audio just talks with it. have base unit.
Yeah, so if you have carplay navigation on and listening to the radio, sxm, and the voice directions come on, it will NOT lower the volume. It's programmed that way. Intentional by Toyota. If you are listening to pandora, spotify, iheartradio or any carplay app, it WILL lower the volume when voice directions come in. It's because it's using your iphone and the iphone has the lower the volume feature built in while entune doesn't. Even the built in navigation or scoutgps won't lower the volume. I guess toyota did this so you won't play loud music? who knows. But that's how it is and i don't believe toyota will release an update to change it. So, use carplay apps to play music, sxm, or podcast.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, so if you have carplay navigation on and listening to the radio, sxm, and the voice directions come on, it will NOT lower the volume. It's programmed that way. Intentional by Toyota. If you are listening to pandora, spotify, iheartradio or any carplay app, it WILL lower the volume when voice directions come in. It's because it's using your iphone and the iphone has the lower the volume feature built in while entune doesn't. Even the built in navigation or scoutgps won't lower the volume. I guess toyota did this so you won't play loud music? who knows. But that's how it is and i don't believe toyota will release an update to change it. So, use carplay apps to play music, sxm, or podcast.
that's the thing when using CarPlay apps like youtube music, pandora, music from iPhone it will not lower the music volume tried 3 different iPhones and same issue, I had Toyota install my CarPlay

·
1,497 Posts
that's the thing when using CarPlay apps like youtube music, pandora, music from iPhone it will not lower the music volume tried 3 different iPhones and same issue, I had Toyota install my CarPlay
Then its an iphone/carplay problem, not entune. What iOS version is the iphone on? What are you using? Google maps, waze, apple maps?

·
1,497 Posts
I'm on iOS 12.4.1, I have tried all three apps still same issue
Did you go into each apps settings and adjusting the sound? Google Maps app, go into settings and then navigation. Under Guidance volume put it to louder. Also, adjust the carplay sound in entune. Once carplay is connected, go to the audio section on entune. Make sure it says carplay or just play some music off of carplay. Click on sound on the left hand side. Adjust the volume there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just want to stop by to say thanks to all who have contributed to make this DIY available/possible. I've just successfully updated my 2018 Camry SE base system with CarPlay feature - my wife will absolutely love this!
Frank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there any way to downgrade the firmware on Entune 3.0? Or maybe trigger a re-install of the same software version 17TDT0NA-EA4D v1007? Or maybe is there a newer version of 17TDT0NA-EA4D v1008 which is one above 1007 because that's what I have?

Maybe these headunits never allow same software version re-install or downgrades?

I'm asking these questions because after I did the upgrade, my headunit reads 17TDT0NA-EA4D v1007 but it destroyed the speech services and the Entune Apps Suite. Maybe I can upgrade it further if anyone has 1008 to fix it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have camry xse 2018
Hi i want to know what to do after installing the software and it says update successful remove flash and turn off engine to complete installation, and i did but nothing happened , carplay is not showing.

821 - 839 of 839 Posts
About this Discussion
838 Replies
238 Participants
fungabriel
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing