Toyota Nation Forum banner

841 - 858 of 858 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Sienna LE with the Plus audio system model ID DCU 17TDT1NA-CA01. I'm writing this for those who are unsure or confused about the process with a similar model vehicle since this one seems least common in this thread. Thankfully it's by far the easiest one to do, at least from my reading. In the alternate link on the first page of this thread the .pdf for us is listed under the "T-SB-0057-19 Premium Audio – Panasonic" section. The "T-SB-0053-19 -Denso-Ten" link where our .pdf should be listed links to the install file instead for some reason. Also, with all the talk of .zips and folders on this thread I was really confused why our link only had the one .kwi file in it. Fear not - this is correct. Once you have the USB drive formatted put only this file in it, follow the instructions in the .pdf and you're good to go. Mine took 10 minutes, if that, and the USB didn't even get warm since it was so quick. Hope this helps someone save some time not worrying or scouring the rest of these pages! Thanks for the links to those who provided them, can't wait to use Carplay on the next road trip!

·
1,638 Posts
The "T-SB-0053-19 -Denso-Ten" link where our .pdf should be listed links to the install file instead for some reason. Also, with all the talk of .zips and folders on this thread I was really confused why our link only had the one .kwi file in it. Fear not - this is correct.
Oops, I'll fix that later tonight. Correct, it should only be one .kwi file for Sienna Denso-Ten audio plus.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks to djoyce101 & fungabriel for putting this all together!

We have a 2018 Camry LE with base audio.
Software Update for Apple carplay done on 29 Sept 2019 with son's help.
Followed ToyotaNation thread & Toyota T-SB-0055-19.
Used sandisk cruzer 64GB USB flash drive.
Windows 7 dell latitude E5430 laptop exFAT formatting did not work for us.
Gave us the error "Connected device is not supported" on car's center screen
after step 7 in the TSB.
Needs to have MBR partition table (not a GPT).
Needs to be formatted FAT32 (aka vFAT). Son did this in Linux.
After reformatting the flash drive and rewriting the two .kwi files to the
drive, we got the "1990" called for in step 8. Proceeded with the rest of
the TSB and got the "1007" after step 23. Success!
Now we are using ACP and are actually enjoying it.
MUCH better than Entune & ScoutGPS.

Edit : Fired up an old Windows XP machine & it is able to format FAT32 & exFAT.
So looks like I could have formatted (FAT32) the flash drive on the XP machine.
Dealer wanted $105 to do this update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

thank you for the post, we finally have hope in only thing that was missing of this car: good infotainment system, which is could be solved by only implementing Apple’s carplay or Android auto

unfortunately, I checked the model number and it was different, it lloks the same as the picture i see in the US market, so i assume that we have a modified version of the same head until.

I don’t car about anything in the head unit futures added in our market, i would wven give up on the built in navigation for Apple car play.

Model number is: 17TDT2ME-EA20

can anybody help me get it to be updated to the version that supports ACP?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

thank you for the post, we finally have hope in only thing that was missing of this car: good infotainment system, which is could be solved by only implementing Apple’s carplay or Android auto

unfortunately, I checked the model number and it was different, it lloks the same as the picture i see in the US market, so i assume that we have a modified version of the same head until.

I don’t car about anything in the head unit futures added in our market, i would wven give up on the built in navigation for Apple car play.

Model number is: 17TDT2ME-EA20

can anybody help me get it to be updated to the version that supports ACP?
Me too facing the same issue in Malaysia

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks much for your post and all others who have contributed. I was able to successfully update my 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE. Took about 1 hour and lots of restarts. Now we wait for Android Auto, I guess.

841 - 858 of 858 Posts