Toyota Nation Forum banner

81 - 100 of 878 Posts

·
Premium Member
'18 Toyota Camry XSE
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Hey djoyce101, item #4 is really interesting. I have a spare 240GB mSATA SSD lying around that is currently in a USB 3.0 enclosure. Do you think I can use that, or does the drive have to have a USB 2.0 connection only? Just curious, since that SSD used to be in a USB 2.0 enclosure, but I can't seem to find that one ATM. Thanks =)
As long as the first partition is 8GB and the partition table is MBR, you should be all good.

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE
81 Posts
I am currently updating my headunit which is the JBL Audio Premium and it’s been 30 minutes in the process. Once it is done, we will see...

·
Registered
14 Posts
As long as the first partition is 8GB and the partition table is MBR, you should be all good.
Awesome, I'll give that a shot (maybe tomorrow since it's getting kinda late here on the East Coast). Tried using a SanDisk Cruzer 8GB flash drive, but wound up with the Red Screen Of Death (RSOD) like you - fortunately, the recovery worked like a charm.

Do you remember what sequence you used for the "cycle the headlights OFF/ON three times within 3 seconds" business?? I've seen a couple of different interpretations of that in a couple of threads. I always have my headlights on AUTO. Do I just cycle from AUTO to OFF 3 times, or do I need to start off at a different setting than AUTO? Not sure it matters, but right after I tried that with the SanDisk drive loaded, that's when the RSOD came on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went from Auto to On and did that back and forth a few times. The system will restart within 5-10 seconds after it works. It isn’t too difficult.

Awesome, I'll give that a shot (maybe tomorrow since it's getting kinda late here on the East Coast). Tried using a SanDisk Cruzer 8GB flash drive, but wound up with the Red Screen Of Death (RSOD) like you - fortunately, the recovery worked like a charm.

Do you remember what sequence you used for the "cycle the headlights OFF/ON three times within 3 seconds" business?? I've seen a couple of different interpretations of that in a couple of threads. I always have my headlights on AUTO. Do I just cycle from AUTO to OFF 3 times, or do I need to start off at a different setting than AUTO? Not sure it matters, but right after I tried that with the SanDisk drive loaded, that's when the RSOD came on.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
1,796 Posts

The problem with AUTO is that if you are in the sunlight, the headlamps will be off.. so cylcing from DRL OFF to AUTO won't work. Try going from DRL OFF to AUTO .. if that doesnt work.. go from AUTO to the next one up three times.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where do I find the instructions to install the system? The link required me to have permission to view it. Thank you!

Now it says I need permission to download anything!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks

Thanks specially to fungabriel and djoyce101.

Carplay working on XLE Pioneer. Took 20 minutes to roll the update. Just followed the TSB. USB 3.0 16GB Sandisk formatted FAT32 on Windows. Don't need to deal with my clueless local dealer.

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE
81 Posts
UPDATE STATUS: I successfully updated my Entune 3.0 Premium JBL with Navigation to Apple CarPlay. The process took exactly 61 minutes to complete. Please note that after updating, everything thing is wiped off like a brand new system in which you will have to repair your Bluetooth settings and install all the Entune App Suite and Toyota Connected Service such as Remote Start, etc. which took about another 15 minutes. Overall the system ran smooth.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
1st post ever! It worked great on my Camry LE. So thankful for this forum and sharing this file. Was so much easier than going to the dealership!

Much thanks!!!:smile:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Toyota Dealers should be thanking this board because of the amount of time that was saved by so many people updating their own systems.

My system update almost exactly 60 Minutes with many reboots.

81 - 100 of 878 Posts