Toyota Nation Forum banner

1001 - 1008 of 1008 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
got the update installed. alexa is pretty neat. bummer we cant get android on it. i did install apple carplay on my android phone but car still wont see it. or project it

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,678 Posts
got the update installed. alexa is pretty neat. bummer we cant get android on it. i did install apple carplay on my android phone but car still wont see it. or project it
because you can't use carplay with an android phone. It must be an apple iphone to use carplay.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Are you being sarcastic. That wasn't a selling point. But seeing how Australian camry have added it they should be able to add it to the USA.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Are you being sarcastic. That wasn't a selling point. But seeing how Australian camry have added it they should be able to add it to the USA.
How do you know the US and Australian Camrys have the same exact radio and electronics? Maybe there are technical limitations. Maybe there are legal reasons. Maybe Toyota just doesn't want to pay for software licenses for a million older vehicles because it's a poor investment for them.

1001 - 1008 of 1008 Posts