Toyota Nation Forum banner

121 - 140 of 837 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
You know guys, 2019 has sucked.
But today.. I'm gonna count today as a win! CarPlay was the last thing that really pissed me off about my car. Now I finally feel content when driving it. Top it off with being able to help so many others get this update without having to fight with and get ripped off by a dealer.

Today was a good day.
Now to end it with a big bowl of OG Kush. *cheers*

P.S. Depression sucks, any day that you feel something other than dread is a fuckin' great day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
how do you get Apple Car play to show? I installed software and it shows current 1007. I have phone plugged in and I don't see the option for it. I messed in settings and saw something about Apple Car play...forgot what it was but activated it and still see nothing.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
how do you get Apple Car play to show? I installed software and it shows current 1007. I have phone plugged in and I don't see the option for it. I messed in settings and saw something about Apple Car play...forgot what it was but activated it and still see nothing.
Once CarPlay is turned on, you plug a current iphone in to the USB under the dash, NOT in the storage box. Then you tap on "Projection" in the menu.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You know guys, 2019 has sucked.
But today.. I'm gonna count today as a win! CarPlay was the last thing that really pissed me off about my car. Now I finally feel content when driving it. Top it off with being able to help so many others get this update without having to fight with and get ripped off by a dealer.

Today was a good day.
Now to end it with a big bowl of OG Kush. *cheers*

P.S. Depression sucks, any day that you feel something other than dread is a fuckin' great day.
I totally agreed with you, I was pissed after finding out 2019 models come with carplay while the 2018 models get nothing , now I don’t have to hold my phone in one hand while driving. Today is a win for all of us 2018 owners #2018owners

·
Registered
37 Posts
The file 17TMT2NA-DA02_6000.kwi in the preinstall folder of the Entune 3.0 Premium Audio (Navigation) CarPlay Upgrade is corrupted (might be due to high number of downloads), might need to reupload the file again. or if anyone else has it can you inbox me the link. thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
just downloaded the files. thanks a bunch ! could we have the MD5 checksum on the zip files so we can check if the files we got got corrupted or not during the transfer ? thanks !

·
Registered
13 Posts
what about redownloading the files and trying it again on the usb
I've tried downloading it several times and keep getting an error on extraction. I think the file might be corrupted on Google Drive. I've tried doing it with a mac and a windows machine and to no avail, once it tells me to toggle my lights in the car i get the red screen. Every software I use to extract fails at the same point except on mac, i think mac just forces the broken file, the file is a .kwi file. Any ideas?

·
Registered
37 Posts
WOOT! I'm up and running!!!!

Initial impression...

1) SO responsive. I'm really impressed. I had a '19 Corolla as a rental while my Camry was getting the ECU replaced. The Corolla CarPlay was crap. VERY slow.
2) Audio Issues - I'm getting an odd popping sound, which is odd because it's the same popping sound that my Pioneer AVIC unit had in my old camry. This may be related to my phone more than anything else - running beta iOS.
3) Install is nerve racking. Do yourself a favor and use the highest quality and fastest flash you can afford.
4) Update Failure is not the end of your stereo. The update recovery worked for mine perfectly. After trying 3 flash drives, I ended up with a high-speed USB SSD.
5) Audio Quality - Overall, 200% better than using BlueTooth. I can hear things in the music that I could only hear with headphones before. (Audio Plus BTW)
6) You will lose all of your presets, you may want to write them down.
7) You will also lose all of your stereo prefs. None of the vehicle settings will be lost.
. How would one go about resetting the vehicle settings ? I always like starting fresh but can’t seem to find anything other then delete personal data but some settings are saved

·
Registered
37 Posts
It’s one of the files in the preinstall folder that’s corrupted, I posted the name which one it is. We have to wait until the file is reuploaded. Might have to wait until tomorrow.
what about redownloading the files and trying it again on the usb
I've tried downloading it several times and keep getting an error on extraction. I think the file might be corrupted on Google Drive. I've tried doing it with a mac and a windows machine and to no avail, once it tells me to toggle my lights in the car i get the red screen. Every software I use to extract fails at the same point except on mac, i think mac just forces the broken file, the file is a .kwi file. Any ideas?

·
Registered
73 Posts
The power of forums of random people. We all got what we wanted without going to the dealer and having to talk to people that do not have a clue... lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
The file 17TMT2NA-DA02_6000.kwi in the preinstall folder of the Entune 3.0 Premium Audio (Navigation) CarPlay Upgrade is corrupted (might be due to high number of downloads), might need to reupload the file again. or if anyone else has it can you inbox me the link. thanks!
Yes, I ran into the same problem. The file might need to reupload again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, thanks for posting this!

Quick question - I have a 2018 Camry XSE with Panasonic HU. I’m located in Canada. Would this work for me, or is it for American users only?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
13 Posts
It’s one of the files in the preinstall folder that’s corrupted, I posted the name which one it is. We have to wait until the file is reuploaded. Might have to wait until tomorrow.
Yeah, I tried everything. I noticed in post #29, the picture indicates less files than what I was getting upon extraction. I deleted some of the files to make it match what was in the pic to no luck. I then unplugged and this made my car boot loop for like 5min then reset back to normal. It sounds like your trying it with your Premium system also, sounds like thats the only one thats corrupted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Please don't brick your display units.

I'm available if you need help.
Can you reupload the Premium JBL for 2018 Camry file again? The file is corrupted as a previous user mentioned with more specifics about what happens when extracting. I appreciate your efforts, you're a saint!

P.S. Some things to note after I spent about 5 hours attempting to get this to work (even though I still don't have it).

1. An HDD can be used however I noticed on rare occasions it would loose power on a reboot which would cause the process to start all over again. I tested this with two HDD's, one being a 2TB Western Digital and the other a 1TB Seagate. Both are portable drives.

2. You can use a Mac to format the drive and transfer files. Mac's add Mac specific partitions to the drive of choice even when formatting to FAT32 however the computer views it as a non-pertinent drive separate from the main partition used for the software update.

3. When using a the built in app, Disk Utility on Mac to format your drive it is highly important to name it something simple like "USB" and select "MS-DOS (FAT)" from the Format section dropdown. Below that you will see the option for a Scheme, sometime you may not depending on your drive, you will want to ensure it says "Master Boot Record". If you do not have the option to select a Scheme (located directly under Format as another dropdown box) this should not matter. I have tested this several times and discovered the car reads the drive without issue if done correctly.

4. USB's can get warm however you standard 2.0 flash drive should get the job done without issue. It's advised to use a higher end drive to lessen the probability of a failure however nearly all name brand thus drives can handle constant writing/reading for hours.

4. You can even use an SD Card rated for 10MB/Per Second with a USB adapter. SD cards are designed to be under constant load given video cameras write to them for extended periods of time. SanDisk makes high end SD cards you can pick up for cheap at Target or your local big box store (i.e. Costco) just be sure to get a USB adapter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks all who have been here providing download links and help to everyone. This is a great community of users who wanna get rid of that Entune BS.

I have the Entune 3.0 basic system or whatever (Pioneer). Followed the TSB step by step. It was really simple and everything behaved exactly as expected. Plugged my iPhone in afterward and CarPlay was up and running. Amazing! Thank you all!

Edit: used a 16GB Kingston USB flash drive. Formatted brand new to FAT32. Copy and pasted files, USB worked fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, thanks for posting this!

Quick question - I have a 2018 Camry XSE with Panasonic HU. I’m located in Canada. Would this work for me, or is it for American users only?

Thanks again!
I can't be for certain, but I do believe this applies to Canadian models as well. You're more than welcome to try this at your own discretion. Through my tests, the car always will alert you if there was an issue with any of the files and wouldn't allow you to proceed any further. If you do decide to try it, follow the procedures in the PDF that corresponds with your system, you will eventually get to a part where the infotainment system will ask you to toggle the headlights on and off (you will hear the click of the headlights coming on and off and your interior lighting will dim each time, thats how you know you're doing it correctly) to begin the update. After doing so if you get a red screen, don't panic. Thats the car telling you it didn't work. Turn the car off and unplug your USB device before turning the car back on. It will sit idle and a prompt similar to what it was doing before the headlight step will show up with only 3 lines of text. Do not turn the car off in this step, wait about 5min then the left side of the display will change to green and tell you to reboot. Do NOT plug the USB device in at this time. Reboot the car and it will cycle a few time and then go back to normal. If you don't get the red screen you're pretty much good to go. The process will take up to an hour to complete at most and will otherwise alert you of completion and the next steps! Consult this thread, read through all the pages here because other users have documented their experiences and what worked for them and what they had to fix, this will help you greatly!

Best of luck, let us know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
3 Posts
made the update successfully , but no CarPlay!
my model is panasonic , i used this file for update :17TDT1NA-DA00_7910.kwi
got some scary screens during the installation , when done after final restart i got software that i had without CarPlay.
attached the info screen confirming the update has done.

any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please don't brick your display units.

I'm available if you need help.
I need some help. I got the red message after toggling the lights. I checked my drive and started the car with the drive in. Now it says preparing new software and has been stuck on the first 3 lines of code for about 15min. The lines of cowed just indicate “usb detect”. Any ideas?
I haven’t been able to sleep all night because I thought I bricked my stereo! After a 40 minute nap I went back into the car and started it. Without the usb in the vehicle and did the light trick again and it got out of that mode and went green and told me to power off and back on. Basically it’s back to its factory setting! Thank jesus’ The ol lady would have killed me! Others are definitely right if you’re having issues with the file extracting and choose skip it’s going to mess up the install. I have the jbl with navigation system or “premium”. I will have to wait to the original uploaded can fix the upload so we can redo a load!

121 - 140 of 837 Posts
About this Discussion
836 Replies
238 Participants
fungabriel
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing