Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 180 of 885 Posts

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
1,896 Posts
  • My .zip file only contained two files, does that sound correct?
Pioneer only has two files, those are the two files you put on the usb and nothing else.

To check to see what model you have. On the display unit, click on setup, scroll down to software information, and you will either see Pioneer or Panasonic.

10 Posts
Audio Plus files

What about Audio plus files any chance that they are broken too? I’m installing it for the second time, pre installing is taking a long time this time more that 18 minutes now, haven’t reached the headlight stage yet this time ... If I reach headlight turn on/off stage that means the USB is good and format is good right?

·
Registered
24 Posts
cant extract zip files from google anyone can anyone inbox me the files already extracted i have the basic poineer no cd or navi thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
FWIW, this is where I ended up:

MODEL ID DCU: 17TDT2NA-DA01
MODEL ID MEU: 17TMT2NA-DA01
AUDIO: 1036
NAVIGATION: 1031
(from others is looks like the AUDIO and NAV are an update behind?)

The reason I assume it worked despite having an Android phone (so I can't actually try CarPlay) is:

When I go to SETUP ==> GENERAL I get a CarPlay option to turn on below Theme Setting and above Beep
When I go to MENU I get a PROJECTION option that wasn't there before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What about Audio plus files any chance that they are broken too? I’m installing it for the second time, pre installing is taking a long time this time more that 18 minutes now, haven’t reached the headlight stage yet this time ... If I reach headlight turn on/off stage that means the USB is good and format is good right?
I'm having the same issue as well. I've tried using a couple different usb, and re-downloading the files, but unfortunately no luck.

10 Posts
Good to know that I’m not the only one, on my second attempt now and it’s been in installing new software ... screen for 45 minutes and haven’t reached the headlight stage yet while last time I reached there in 9 minutes. I don’t know what happens if I turn off the car and remove the USB drive at this stage.
Looks like setup is in a hang/stuck mode.

I'm having the same issue as well. I've tried using a couple different usb, and re-downloading the files, but unfortunately no luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Can someone tell me what flash drive they used when they got the update to work? I have a new Sandisk Cruzer 16GB but saw that doesn’t work. I’m about to go get one but I want to make sure I get a high-quality one, but unsure what makes one high-quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have attached some screenshots of my Installation and here is some information:

*Total Time To Update: ~60 Minutes
*Follow the TSB step by Step
*Use the front USB Port
*System will reboot over a dozen times
*Installing PreInstall took the longest at around 18 minutes

Good Luck
I need some help!!I toggled my headlights and it just jumped back into the installing new software state. It’s been installing DCU Main for the past 30 min and looks like it keeps repeating itself with the installation files. I have a XSE with JBL Premium Audio.. Any ideas it’s been installing for 40min and occasionally reboots then says under status verifying download data like it starts over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
even I'm not able to install.
Update failed during headlights off step.
not able to install vehicle parameter.Let me know if you are able to install it successfully.

For Panasonic Jbl Audio Plus

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used an old SANDISK Cruzer 16GB I had lying around. It was probably about 6-7 years old. Model Number: SDCZ36-016G

Can someone tell me what flash drive they used when they got the update to work? I have a new Sandisk Cruzer 16GB but saw that doesn’t work. I’m about to go get one but I want to make sure I get a high-quality one, but unsure what makes one high-quality.

·
Registered
13 Posts
even I'm not able to install.
Update failed during headlights off step.
not able to install vehicle parameter.Let me know if you are able to install it successfully.

For Panasonic Jbl Audio Plus
Be sure that your not using the wrong files. If you have an upgraded sound system it’s likely that you have the premium JBL installed. See page 10-11 for the NEW premium JBL download link. The old one got corrupted. This new download allowed me to get past the headlight part.

·
Premium Member
'18 Toyota Camry XSE
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #180

shoot for anything in a larger metal case. This update is really hard on the flash, as it reads everything twice.
PNY and Kingston are both good brands.

161 - 180 of 885 Posts