Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at financing an 05 Solara from the local dealer. I have never financed a new car from a dealership, only leased and financed used from an independant dealer. Leasing isn't a good comparison, but when I purchased my 03 M3 from an independant dealer, the ONLY fee I paid aside frm the negotiated cost of the car was a $95 doc fee.

What fees are LEGIT to see when I get figures from my dealer on the 05 Solara? On the leasing dealer they worked for me there was the negotiated car price (including destination), the tax/tag/title/state required lease fees, and then a $500 other fee. Acquisiton fee perhaps. I know acquisiton fees are generally bogus on a lease and it's just free money for the dealer.

Are they going to try and stick me with another $500 fee? Is it pure bogus? Can I call them on it?

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
talk to other gen 2 solara owners at www.solaraguy.com and see how much they paid, and what other charges (besides destination and taxes) that i can think of currently. My first bet is always to go prepared....get a finance quote from a local credit union...and then go in with that knowledge to toyota. If TM can offer you something low, great for you...but from what i've heard, not everyone is accepted by toyota financing....for the zero apr (36 months) you need to be over 700, and not all cars qualify for such.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts