Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,
I've been researching ARB bumpers for a little bit and now getting a bit more serious about it. However, in looking at ARB's Bar Application Chart download, they say that "some modifications required for fit" on the other notes section under 05-07 Tacoma section. I'm sure someone here has direct experience mounting one...how much modification is necessary?

Thanks,
West

·
Registered
707 Posts
100% bolt-on. Doing it solo took about an hour. You will have to drill two holes to lock it on place. The holes are drilled through the ARB brackets so no truck modifications needed.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Can you drink more beer even if it does fit? :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another question if I may...for those of y'all that have added the ARB bumper, how much suspension beefing up should i need...I'm hoping that installing a set of 5100's would cover it, but I don't know. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Another question if I may...for those of y'all that have added the ARB bumper, how much suspension beefing up should i need...I'm hoping that installing a set of 5100's would cover it, but I don't know. Any thoughts?
changing the shocks will help a little but what would be better is swapping the coils to OME 886 to support the extra weight, this will also lift your truck and give a better ride then stock

·
Registered
212 Posts
It will fit! Just take some time to put those nuts and bolts and alot of patients. :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
changing the shocks will help a little but what would be better is swapping the coils to OME 886 to support the extra weight, this will also lift your truck and give a better ride then stock
I'm not sold on the OME 885's.. Or the 886's for that matter.... I'd just assume spend the extra 200 bucks and get coilovers...and have a much better ride... + a consistent 2+ inch lift instead of a sagging lift as you drive and no way to correct it unless you put spacers or new springs in..

·
Registered
5 Posts
100% bolt-on. Doing it solo took about an hour. You will have to drill two holes to lock it on place. The holes are drilled through the ARB brackets so no truck modifications needed.

Mine was easy just heavy once the wench was added, if possible get some help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts