Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting quotes from a few places for my car. A couple of vendors have told me that their customers are complaining about ADR rims having poor quality and no strength. Is this true? Does anyone here have ADRs and are they really weak? I really wonna get Demonyas for my car but i'm not too sure about 'em anymore.

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UfoZ8myCow said:
Ive had them for a while now and I put my car through daily beatings all the time and theyve held up. I dont really know what you mean by "weak." Like, they break? Cause I dont think really any wheels would do that unless they are really terrible.
Weak as in do they bend? Because this guy at Tunerworks.com is telling me that I shouldn't go with any ADR wheels. The thing is I really like ADRs and want to double check before placing an order for 'em.

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
that statement is 100% incorrect we have sold hundreds of sets of ADR rims and not one customer has complained about the quality of the rim or that it is bending.

Jeff

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
kasimmmmm - which rims are you looking at? lemme know and i'll pm u a price, just to make sure you are getting a good deal on them.

Jeff

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
My ADR RS Limited Mase are :thumbup: ive had no problems

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hatch said:
kasimmmmm - which rims are you looking at? lemme know and i'll pm u a price, just to make sure you are getting a good deal on them.

Jeff
I'm glad to hear positive remarks about ADRs. I'm paying 1,950 CDN shipped. How much would you be able to get 'em for? by the way, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
884 Posts
I've heard of one broken rim that was ADR, the guy hit a pothole :rolleyes:........anyways remember i want the stock ones :D

·
Owner of Prius V & others
00 Solara - 07 Vitz
2,054 Posts
kasimmmmm said:
I'm glad to hear positive remarks about ADRs. I'm paying 1,950 CDN shipped. How much would you be able to get 'em for? by the way, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
What size rim are you getting? And is that with or without tires?

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the quote of $1950 is for 18" ADR Demonyas with Kuhmo rubber. This includes $180 for shipping. These aren't my final decision though. I have $2000 to spend and there are so many nice rims out there. I'm so confused, don't know what to get. :confused:
Do you guys have any suggestions? I want 'em to be black for sure.
I'm gonna get 'em sometime by the end of this month but I won't put 'em on until I get struts and lowering springs. I wonna put everything on at the same time. Season's nearly over so I mite just wait till next spring to slap everytihng on.

·
Owner of Prius V & others
00 Solara - 07 Vitz
2,054 Posts
Well here is my segestion.. since you have $2000.00 buget right now.

Get some better rims than ADR, And don't bother getting tires for now since summer will be over soon here in canada.

Wait it thru winter while saving up for some good tires like Toyo, Dunlop. And by next spring summer you will have a set worth maybe $3000.00 or more.

Damn you said you like the O.Z. superleggreas .... so buy them... and save for the tires later... only thing is the O.Z. don't come in black.

Just my .02 cents

-Rick

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Are these the rims?

A7575810H42BK 18x7.5 5x100/114.3 42 Black

I just want to make sure I have the correct rim so that i dont give you the wrong price.

Jeff

·
Mr. Toyota
140 Posts
I have had ADR DV-8's on for about 60k miles without any problems.

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
yeah i have ADR demonya's and trust me if you have a black car you will love them, i have 17's wrapped in pirellis and coopers... the rims i got shipped for like 500 and the tires like 700 installed and lifetime work from dobbs, if you want tight rims i highly suggest the black ones, if you want pics of them on my ride, here are a few- check the load of + comments also

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=39382&highlight=adr+demonya

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hatch said:
Are these the rims?

A7575810H42BK 18x7.5 5x100/114.3 42 Black

I just want to make sure I have the correct rim so that i dont give you the wrong price.

Jeff
Thats rite... exactly what I want. Thank you sooooo much for your help!

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Silver Streak said:
Just curious, why do you have to get them shipped here? Are you buying them online? There's a ton of wheel shops in T.O., I'm sure you can save yourself on shipping.....
ppl have advised me to buy them online. I've never really checked out prices in stores. Are they cheaper?

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
One advantage to buying out of prov is that you save the pst, which is usually very close to the shipping cost, so it essentially costs the same.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 20 Posts