Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1998 and 200 Corolla
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When she got her car, basic brakes were put on to pass the Certification and they are noisy and very dusty.

Now my daughter wants to get Brembo brakes for the car. My question is are they available for this year Corolla with ABS?

·
MildlyModded
250 Posts
Are you looking for calipers and rotors? I know you can buy Brembo blank rotors at Autozone that are the same size as stock. I'm not sure you can get calipers without upgrading the whole system; bigger rotors, bigger calipers, bigger wheels.

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
14,646 Posts
When she got her car, basic brakes were put on to pass the Certification and they are noisy and very dusty.

Now my daughter wants to get Brembo brakes for the car. My question is are they available for this year Corolla with ABS?
Brembo part numbers for stock brakes can be found here:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/132-corolla-9th-gen-1st-gen-matrix-2003-2008/429745-official-ultimate-2003-2008-corolla-matrix-pontiac-vibe-maintenance-thread.html

There are big brake kits for the Celica/Scion tC that will work on the Corolla, but they are front only.

I want to say that brembo blanks are OEM actually.
Factory brake rotors on most Toyota models are ADVICS.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,662 Posts
I have seen Brembo Blanks and pads come up for my Corolla XRS under my searches at Canadian Tire, so they are available, same part numbers are for the regular Corollas so you can check with them, you can probably wait when they're on sale as CT puts them on for 20% off all the time as they're not cheap.

The Brembos however are made in China, just like everything else lol... you'd be better off doing one of the higher quality brands like Centric/Stoptech, Powerstop or Wagner from Rockauto or any parts store like CT, as you'd be paying for the name with Brembo as they're probably made at the same factory along with the higher quality lines for these brands.

I just put Wagner rotors with Powerstop pads on my XRS up front, now I need the rears... did Wagner Front rotors with Wagner pads from Canadian Tire on my son's Vibe and so far they're holding up to his beatings, lol... he had neglected to tell me they were making noise, and when I put his summer tires in April/May they were perfectly fine... lo and behold, 3 months later and he was down to metal on metal. :|

Toyota OEM depends, could be Advics(Aisin), could be Akebono...

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
14,646 Posts
Toyota OEM depends, could be Advics(Aisin), could be Akebono...
Akebono doesn't make rotors, which is what I was referring to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts