Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local guy is selling a Griffith converted "4 runner" aka Trail Blazer for $4k. The truck seems to be in good shape, but the off road modifications would make it useless for a daily driver (38" tires etc.)

Would this be something I could buy and sell at a later date for more money? I realize there's not a big collector demand for these trucks, but since only 1500 were made, I thought it might be a justifiable investment.

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
While the Trekker and Trail Blazer conversions are hard to find, and have a following, they don't seem to command much (if any) of a premium over a truck in the same condition. And most people that would want them as a "collectible" would probably want it stock. To be sure, inquire on one of the Trekker boards.

·
Registered
905 Posts
trail blazers are not worth much these days unfortunatly , Most guys have NO idea what they have and just drive the crap out of them , there were only 400 of these pieces made , and one day , they "might" have some significanse , but not yet ... they were built with the stock steel bed , that usually rusts away like the stock beds , there-for most are gone now .. Trekkers had 1500 units built and have a bit more of a following .. http://www.toyotatrekker.com ... they are worth a bit more these days .. slowly but shurley ...

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts