Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a friend who drives all-trac turbo celica.....and i was wondering if there are any meets....or do they all meet at the TN meets?

Nobuko..
 

·
GT-i Crew
Joined
·
632 Posts
Hey, an GT4/Alltrac is not old school yet:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hotwheelharmer said:
Yeah an old school Celica is one that is 85 or older.
but than again........a car that is older than '15 years old' is considered 'classic'??......

that skyline that was at DKN....R32...that was 15 years old.....and considered a classic, and that's why R32 was able to get into Canada..

........so would a 1989 car be a 'classic' than?

haha......
 

·
SCCA Tech Services
2005 Corolla S
Joined
·
547 Posts
nuke da bomb said:
but than again........a car that is older than '15 years old' is considered 'classic'??......

that skyline that was at DKN....R32...that was 15 years old.....and considered a classic, and that's why R32 was able to get into Canada..

........so would a 1989 car be a 'classic' than?

haha......
But you didn't say classic you said old school.
 

·
GT-i Crew
Joined
·
632 Posts
A car usually earns the formal "classic" status only after 20 years. This also depend on a series of factors like historical background during witch the car 1st appeared, innovation that the car introduced, any trend iniciated by the said car etc.

Take the Mustang for example:
- First American "sports"car
- Car was intended for the babys born durind WWII
- It iniciated the whole "Pony Car" thing and bla bla bla
- Cheap enough for the average Joe to buy.
- A lot of available options (engines, transmissions)

And a long bla bla bla. Some cars earn th clasic status before the 20 years some take a little longer.

The Celica should be considered a classic because it was the first japanese sports car for the mases, japanese Mustang if you will, it also initiated the whole pony car thing in Japan, the car has over 30 years NON-STOP production.
 

·
Bootsing the 165
Joined
·
126 Posts
nuke da bomb: i got a all-trac my self and i hope to get it up and running by then next eastend meet..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Edward_H said:
nuke da bomb: i got a all-trac my self and i hope to get it up and running by then next eastend meet..
Oh awesome.....i hope you can be at the next meet....'cuz my friend is look'n to chat up with someone who has the same kinda car as him........lol.

So what have you done to your car?

nuke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lcarocha said:
A car usually earns the formal "classic" status only after 20 years. This also depend on a series of factors like historical background during witch the car 1st appeared, innovation that the car introduced, any trend iniciated by the said car etc.

Take the Mustang for example:
- First American "sports"car
- Car was intended for the babys born durind WWII
- It iniciated the whole "Pony Car" thing and bla bla bla
- Cheap enough for the average Joe to buy.
- A lot of available options (engines, transmissions)

And a long bla bla bla. Some cars earn th clasic status before the 20 years some take a little longer.

The Celica should be considered a classic because it was the first japanese sports car for the mases, japanese Mustang if you will, it also initiated the whole pony car thing in Japan, the car has over 30 years NON-STOP production.
Oh is that right.....after 20 years....i see....
so in 17 years.......my car will be considered a classic....gosh, that seems a loooooooong way~~~!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,005 Posts
20yrs is prolly a US thing...i'm under the assumption that in canada its 15yrs....because in a few yrs...my car falls into that car...emissions can kiss my ass......:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MRQturbo said:
20yrs is prolly a US thing...i'm under the assumption that in canada its 15yrs....because in a few yrs...my car falls into that car...emissions can kiss my ass......:D
Yeah i hear it's 15 years as well.......

oh no.......MRQTurbo........your car.......it's still a beauty! You still haven't let me drive it......nor take me for a spin~~~!!!
 

·
Bootsing the 165
Joined
·
126 Posts
nuke da bomb: i will surely be and the next meet... right now i have to car rebuild (engine only) to stock.. i have plans for the 205 engine/tranny/diff/ etc

20yrs is prolly a US thing...i'm under the assumption that in canada its 15yrs....because in a few yrs...my car falls into that car...emissions can kiss my ass......:D

MRQ: am i missing something? after 15yrs you dont have to do emission?
 

·
Bootsing the 165
Joined
·
126 Posts
sorry man i just check and the car has to be 20 years old
 

·
Bootsing the 165
Joined
·
126 Posts
i went into the licence office thats on shepperd just pass McCowan Rd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Edward_H said:
i went into the licence office thats on shepperd just pass McCowan Rd
oh nooooo way.......:(

I don't get it, why the older the car, you don't need an emission test.....shouldn't it be the other way around? The older the car, it should get its emission tested???????!!!!!!!!!

:confused:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top