Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
pulley kits free up horse power by decreasing the weight of the stock pulleys on the engine (ie these are alot lighter then stock pulleys). the lighter pulleys may bring a 5-7hp increase. i don't know anyone with them on a 2ZZ but they are very popular with the nissan guys with srd20de under the hood.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seymour44 said:
pulley kits free up horse power by decreasing the weight of the stock pulleys on the engine (ie these are alot lighter then stock pulleys). the lighter pulleys may bring a 5-7hp increase. i don't know anyone with them on a 2ZZ but they are very popular with the nissan guys with srd20de under the hood.
well if its an "inexpensive" way of freeing up some HP's then why not. imma try to keep this 2zzge of mine turbo/sc free till next year. so Imma start off small....

thanx anyways.

~HiTz~

·
Registered
1991 Celica GTS
125 Posts
HiTzXRS said:
well if its an "inexpensive" way of freeing up some HP's then why not. imma try to keep this 2zzge of mine turbo/sc free till next year. so Imma start off small....

thanx anyways.

~HiTz~
if that 's cheap for you, get me a set for my 5sfe!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my bad

trebor_9513 said:
if that 's cheap for you, get me a set for my 5sfe!
hey guys, I didnt mean to come across cocky in my last post. the pulleys arent cheap but its far less expensive then some,obvious, mods to do to the engine.

plus i've put away some money to do some work on the ext/int of the car. imma work on some "small" mods on the engine then concentrate on the exterior part of the car.

this is my first new car and I want to do it right, and try NOT to do any unnessary damage to my car/wallet in the process. *lol*

~HiTz~

·
Registered
92 Corolla Sedan
145 Posts
well actually the theory is that the pullys are lighter and therefore take less load from the engine from rotational mass technically they dont free any kind of HP and the are not that much lighter than stock, be careful with mods to lighten engine load, it may mess up your idle and can throw off the balance of the accessories and can cause your accessorie bearings to wear prematurely,

i think the biggest difference you might notice from this mod is that your car will rev up faster giving you the illusion of more torque rather than HP

·
Registered
41 Posts
ratboycom said:
well actually the theory is that the pullys are lighter and therefore take less load from the engine from rotational mass technically they dont free any kind of HP and the are not that much lighter than stock, be careful with mods to lighten engine load, it may mess up your idle and can throw off the balance of the accessories and can cause your accessorie bearings to wear prematurely,

i think the biggest difference you might notice from this mod is that your car will rev up faster giving you the illusion of more torque rather than HP
I have heard the same thing, they will just end up messing up your engine if it is a every day driver

·
Registered
boosted corolla
252 Posts
Everyone has a horror story for everything. The biggest downside to them is if your running a high powered stereo system. My friends got them on his 04' S and they make a noticable difference. I've never seen them on a XRS though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts