Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a silly question but I couldn't help to ask :) When I bought my car, the sedan Corolla just landed in Australia (1 year after the hatchback) so I didn't have many available choices of colors to choose and I needed the car quite urgently so I just bought whatever color was available at that time. Mine is Wildfire red, over all I am not complaining but my most favourite color would be the bright blue (eclectric blue as Toyota Australia named it) which is only available on hatchback model. It looks stunning in person. Every time I see one on the road I wish i have bought the hatchback ;) But on a second thought, I need rear passenger space for our son . But I wish they have this blue color available for the sedan. I think this color is also a smart choice for safety as it's always visible in all kind of weather or day & night.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the bright blue (Blue Flame in the US) and I like it more every time I see it. :) I was on the fence at first because it looks different from photo to photo. I ended up finding a dealership that had a blue flame and the Smoked Paprika Metallic. I liked the blue much better when I saw it in person. I also thought about the Bronze Oxide but every other car I've ever owned has been dark gray or black so I really wanted something different this time assuming I could get one with a manual. I picked power train options over color on my last/first new car.

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
5,860 Posts
Electric Blue in Australia = Blue Flame in North America... I really love my Blue Flame, as everybody does.

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Hatchback
3 Posts
I got the hatchback in Galactic Aqua Mica and I am really happy with the color. I actually waited a long time to get the car because of how rare a manual transmission is on that specific color, at least in my area. I'm really glad I waited as the options on the car were really perfect for me. I was a few months into waiting and I nearly went for a different color, but I'm glad I held out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I selected the color based on the MID animated car display ;), just kidding but Classic Silver I selected as it matched my Ram 1500 exterior color.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I originally wanted Celestite but my dealership only had it on the SE. I wanted the XSE. I was against dark colors, so the only option I really had that was available was their Classic Silver Metallic or Super White from other dealership. I ended up going with Classic Silver Metallic and I've found myself liking it more than Celestite.

TL;DR Yes.

·
Registered
256 Posts
We got the blue flame HB. Love it. Adds a good deal of "character" to the car. My wife especially appreciates it in a world of FS trucks and SUVs her little HB stands out in a crowded parking lot. Stands out more than my Tornado Red GTI did. Her last car got lost in crowded parking lots, it was dark blue.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I love my Celestine, photographs beautifully.
When I bought my car, there were only two available at the dealer, one red and one Celestine, I like the Celestine better but it was a hybrid and I wanted the normal petrol so I chose the red.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Corolla Sedan SE (6-MT)
187 Posts
I'm not very happy with the Super White paint job on my Corolla. The painted-plastic bumpers & lower side rocker pieces are a noticeably different shade of "Super White" in certain lighting conditions than the painted metal parts. I didn't have that issue on my Super White 2015 Yaris SE, so I am assuming that Toyota is caring less about quality & craftsmanship these days. Wish I would have gone with Barcelona Red Metallic instead (which they didn't have in-stock at the time in a manual), or just not bought a new Corolla in the first place. Definitely going to get a different vehicle in 2022 or 2023 even though my Corolla will still have less than 15K miles on it then (I only need a car for random weekend/errand use at this point, since I have been working from home for the last year or so).

·
Mr. Roo
Lexus IS300
11,087 Posts
It's too bad you weren't in a position of being able to wait. Usually, different model years bring different colors. It's entirely possible that the sedan will end up having Blue Flame, or whatever the next Toyota blue is at the time. Maybe then, you can trade up for the color you want. They do have a dark blue sedan color here which is nice and refined, but it's nothing like the epic Blue Flame.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wanted the Bronze Corolla hatchback but they were hard to find. It came down to Paprika vs Silver (Celestine not available in the hatch at the time). I chose Silver because I have a long dirt driveway.

I really liked the two-tone versions on some European hatchback models, but those weren't available yet either.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wanted the Bronze Corolla hatchback but they were hard to find. It came down to Paprika vs Silver (Celestine not available in the hatch at the time). I chose Silver because I have a long dirt driveway.

I really liked the two-tone versions on some European hatchback models, but those weren't available yet either.
Silver color car can hide dirt and swirled marks very well, I had a silver car before. My wildfire red (Barcelona red) show every little swirled mark and water spots under the light or sunlight. I had to buy myself a DA polisher recently and plan to do it in Spring.
We have a two-tone version for the Corolla hatchback and C-HR in Australia. I think it will be a nightmare to keep those black roof clean.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's too bad you weren't in a position of being able to wait. Usually, different model years bring different colors. It's entirely possible that the sedan will end up having Blue Flame, or whatever the next Toyota blue is at the time. Maybe then, you can trade up for the color you want. They do have a dark blue sedan color here which is nice and refined, but it's nothing like the epic Blue Flame.
I know..Usually it is not wise to buy a car in a hurry as there is not many choices and options available. I saw the other Corolla with dark blue color at the another dealer, unfortunately it was a hybrid too. I saw a few in non metallic white but most of the rental Corolla are white so I stay away from them. I usually keep the car for quite long as I enjoy looking after them so maybe I will keep this one for another 5-6 years. We have the Camry hybrid for 7 years now and it's still going strong and the engine look very new :) the only thing I am concerned about is the battery as it has only one year warranty remained. I am even thinking to keep my Corolla for my son later on when he is allowed to drive :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
78 Posts
We have a two-tone version for the Corolla hatchback and C-HR in Australia. I think it will be a nightmare to keep those black roof clean.
Though I liked the look, a black roof could also be a problem on super-hot days.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts