Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2007 SE. Bought the car a couple of months ago with 25,000 miles, and the console was "repaired", as you can see. Cracked leather (If it's even leather), and now chunks are coming off.

Any ideas on how to repair or recover this? I work at a dealer, and my cost for a replacement is close to $300, which I don't really want to pay.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
No it is not real leather, it is vinyl. Beyond that my on-line catalog gets the part to you for more like US$116. if I am looking at what I think you are talking about.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That sucks. I just purchased a 2008 SE with 35K, it looks mint... with a bunch of "very small" hickups.

How much did you pay?

You are probably going to have to buy a new piece (SUCKS).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know what the official name for the part is? I want to search online to see if I can find one, and am having no luck.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Remove the part and take it to an auto trimmer/ upholsterer, they'll slap some new vinyl/ leather on that part for a few bucks.

·
Bulletime
2,206 Posts
^this (I'm sure it is not too hard to do it yourself either)

what I can't figure out is how did it get that bad in only 25k miles...
Mileage doesn't matter, they probably sat in traffic on local for 4 years reading newspaper and chaffing the armrest.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mileage doesn't matter, they probably sat in traffic on local for 4 years reading newspaper and chaffing the armrest.
Previous lady owner, so probably leaned on it putting her face on.

I keed!! She was hot though. :D

I will try to get it re-upholstered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts