Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I apologize for the tardiness in posting these pics. With work and all, well....you know how the rest of that story goes.

So here they are:

As you can see, it sits pretty damn flush with the back of the trunk allowing you to utilize as much trunk space as possible while having subs.

Here is a night shot with my old subs installed:

I also took pics of my tweeters that I have mounted for my component sets. There are only 2 pics, but the tweets are on both passenger and driver's side.

The sounds from the two component sets and the subs sound amazing. I think after a year of upgrades, I have finally made up my mind on the "final product" for my audio mod.

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good, real good!

:Bruce:
Thanks!

specs on box?

Box was ordered on ebay from "customboxman"...he must have run out of enclosures because I dont see him on there.

really nice and clean looks great :thumbsup:

looks good, what size sub they look small and what kind of tweeters?

All my audio mods are in my signature. The subs are Polk MM2104's (10in) and the tweets came with the component speakers for the doors and the rear deck. The components I am running are Polk DB6501's with a 4 channel 400w amp.

Very nice!

I guess I could have saved me a lot of time not making my custom box

Your box looks just a few inches deeper than what I made.
I still like your box because it is two-tone, and you put alot of work into it. Mine does look about an inch or two deeper. You are right.

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So jealous. Looks awesome! I would love something like that for my Gen 5 'cuz I need the trunk space.

Where did you mount the amp?

Both of my amps are bolted to the backside of my rear seats. There is about an inch of clearance between the amps and the back of the box. Just enough air for the amps to breathe.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Both of my amps are bolted to the backside of my rear seats. There is about an inch of clearance between the amps and the back of the box. Just enough air for the amps to breathe.
Wow, that works out perfectly. I didn't think they'd fit. I'm not sure what I'll do in the future because I have the JBL system with the in dash amp. I've only replaced my rears with 6x9 Infinity Kappas.

PS: For those interested. I just checked, and customboxman is still on eBay. He has at least one box for 02-08 Camry for $135 + $35 shipping.

·
Take it easy... :-)
'08 XLE
3,018 Posts
Wow, that works out perfectly. I didn't think they'd fit. I'm not sure what I'll do in the future because I have the JBL system with the in dash amp. I've only replaced my rears with 6x9 Infinity Kappas.

PS: For those interested. I just checked, and customboxman is still on eBay. He has at least one box for 02-08 Camry for $135 + $35 shipping.
Interesting. I have the JBL too (btw, the amp is under the passenger seat) and added a 12" sub (amp on left side of trunk above cubby). Did swapping to the kappa's change/improve anything?

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
very clean work.

polk db6501 i assume? those are the components i was planning on for the fronts (and maybe rears considering their bogo half-off sale). on a 1-10 rating what would you give them?
The DB's are great for mid's and high's. Not so much for the low's. (that's where the subs come into play...) If you are interested in low's and mid's, get the mm6501 for the doors.

Next payday, I will get the MM6501 for the doors for the low's and mid's I like, then keep the DB's in the rear deck like I already have for the mid's and high's.

That way you get the best of both worlds.

1 to 10, I give the db's a 7.5

1 - 20 of 46 Posts