Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
touringcamry said:
Are you not going active any more?
Just because it is a passive component set doesn't mean you have to wire it passive :D It sounds like a damn fine passive crossover network however :) and I would definitely compare it to the best I could do with my DRZ9255's crossovers.

There is absoutely no comparison. The Ascendants will be a much better choice than either of those two set's.

The Arco's have 11.5 mm of Xmax. What do the eD/CDT's have? 6?

Not only that, but the the tweeters are a much better tweeter than the ones offerred in those two set's.

·
Smell the Audiophiliacity
05 Tacoma
1,226 Posts
cam2Xrunner said:
Just because it is a passive component set doesn't mean you have to wire it passive :D It sounds like a damn fine passive crossover network however :) and I would definitely compare it to the best I could do with my DRZ9255's crossovers.

There is absoutely no comparison. The Ascendants will be a much better choice than either of those two set's.

The Arco's have 11.5 mm of Xmax. What do the eD/CDT's have? 6?

Not only that, but the the tweeters are a much better tweeter than the ones offerred in those two set's.

The mid looks like an Exclusive

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Sounds like they're a steal considering eD and CDTs are $50 and $100 more.

What is the power handling on these components.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
touringcamry said:
Sounds like they're a steal considering eD and CDTs are $50 and $100 more.

What is the power handling on these components.

Probably a better deal than the online prices for the JL XR or Alpine Type-X components, and pretty much anything else in the pricerange.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anybody hear any news about how these Arcos sound? I'm thinking of ordering them just based on how good people think they should be when they actually come out.

This preorder price is good through the end of this month (Feb).

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, the tweeters from the Alpine Type-X set and the other high end set's using a version of this tweeter have all gotten great reviews for the most part.

The mid, well, nobody but AA has heard it yet, so...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts