Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals! Owner of a 2001 Avalon here. I have a tiny leak in one of the aluminum ATF cooling lines that attaches to the bottom of the radiator. I am trying to get it replaced but cannot seem to find the part online. Does anyone know what the name/part number for this part is so that I can better find it online? See the image below for the line I am talking about.

·
Registered
2000 Avalon
162 Posts
I see that line on the new radiator I bought, it was installed
Already, don’t pay more than 10-15 bucks, a spectra radiator is 50 bucks on Amazon, it’s got a new line installed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright perfect. That explains why I am having trouble finding the part online. I will look at radiators and try to get a part number off of a radiator diagram and if that does not work I will probably call the stealership and get a part number from them if possible. Might try a radiator shop too. It is a hairline crack so they might be able to weld it and save me some hassle. It all depends though. Thanks for the insight! I appreciate it!

·
Registered
2000 Avalon
135 Posts
Alright perfect. That explains why I am having trouble finding the part online. I will look at radiators and try to get a part number off of a radiator diagram and if that does not work I will probably call the stealership and get a part number from them if possible. Might try a radiator shop too. It is a hairline crack so they might be able to weld it and save me some hassle. It all depends though. Thanks for the insight! I appreciate it!
Sounds like a job for....JB Weld!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Where is the leak? Is it near the radiator or further down the tube? You may be able to get a small tubing cutter in there and shorten it past the crack. Then replace the rubber line with a longer one. I would use a tubing cutter and not a hack saw as you don't want to introduce metal shavings into the trans line.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where is the leak? Is it near the radiator or further down the tube? You may be able to get a small tubing cutter in there and shorten it past the crack. Then replace the rubber line with a longer one. I would use a tubing cutter and not a hack saw as you don't want to introduce metal shavings into the trans line.
Yes I was thinking that is a possibility as well. I'm taking the car to a radiator shop tomorrow to see if they can tack weld it closed. If not, I'll cut it like you suggested. The crack is about halfway between the radiator and the rubber hose so totally doable.

·
Registered
2000 Avalon
162 Posts
Parson if you’re handy you can buy a radiator online from Amazon or Rock Auto and replace the whole thing for about 80 bucks, including coolant, or save your old coolant and reuse as much as possible for even less. I used a slightly bigger o-ring on the coolant fan switch than was originally on the switch, I bought a tyc from Amazon for 67 bucks, Denso is available as well, cheaper on Rock than Amazon. If they want to charge you more than 40 bucks, you’re better off going the radiator route, just my opinion, again that’s if you’re somewhat able to work on your own car as well.

·
Registered
2000 Avalon
162 Posts
I only mention the o-ring because the new radiator didn’t come with a new one and I reused the old one and it leaked, I went up about a half a size, no more leak. Maybe a new one the same size would’ve been ok, it felt like it was a bit loose in the bore it screws into, the slightly larger one sealed up no problem. I replaced the o-ring with it in the car, just had to drain the coolant, which I reused.

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
4,214 Posts
I have never seen the tranny cooler lines come with the radiator, but have never bought an Avalon radiator. All my vehicles have a hose for the radiator attachment and hard lines at the tranny. You should be able to use a proper diameter hose for that and just clamp it at the radiator, but I'd have to see the radiator connector better.

I think this is the official parts: here

·
イリジウム
12,145 Posts
Yeah don’t bother JB Weld , that’s emergency only IMO. The radiators are so cheap just change it and reset the clock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts