Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is doing a drain and fill enough to keep your transmission happy for 300,000 miles? I'm just at 200,000

I've been doing a drain/refill drive it for a week and drain/refill it again at every 40,000 miles with toyota fluid.

I think the ATF filter has been changed once when i had the dealership change it at least i hope they did for what they charge!

·
Registered
578 Posts
You are probably ok with that interval, but changing the filter yourself is cheap and easy and gives you a chance to wipe all of the gunk off the bottom of the pan and magnets. I would change it for peace of mind.

·
イリジウム
12,276 Posts
For low volume items they have to jack up the profit margin. Shelving cost and opportunity cost. Besides, lots of people simply don’t use OEM ATF filters.

look on rock auto. The heart symbol shows people liked the ATP brand. $17 plus tax and shipping. Wix works too. Google up a 5% off code.

many members like Valvoline Maxlife ATF, about $18/gallon at Walmart.

·
Registered
66 Posts
@JohnGD, where do you enter the 5% off code on RockAuto's website? I added a bunch of parts to the shopping cart to see what it would cost to do the brakes on my brothers 2010 F-150 and I did not see a place to enter code.

·
イリジウム
12,276 Posts
In the cart, where you see "How did you hear about us". Enter the code there and press enter, you should see the 5% being applied. For additional codes see also:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts