Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gil
2006 Tocama 4X4
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend someone in the Atlanta area that has the equipment and know how to put a good balance on my 06 DC 4X4 SR5 with new MB Blitz wheels and 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler TDs??? No lift. Discount tire got it close, but no cigar. Still a little tad of wobble around 60. The bigger tires and slightly wider wheel base are picking up the bumps a bit more also. May need to upgrade the shocks as well. Any advise and balancer recommendations will be appreciated.

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
if you dont mind, drive down to alpharetta at butlertire co. they do rims and tires for so many high end cars. my dad got rims for his mercedes there. great guys and service there. i dont how much they will charge. they have a about 5 locations. i'm guessing the buckhead one will be closer but i have never been there, i go to the alpharetta one. http://www.butlertire.com/

EDIT: plus these guys are always in the atlanta car shows when there is one, so their name is out there quite a bit.

·
Registered
05 Tacoma Dbl Cab LB
356 Posts
Dekalb Tire does road-force balancing.

·
not available
integra/taco
297 Posts

·
Gil
2006 Tocama 4X4
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Discount tire is who I have been working with. We are beginning to think it is the wheel. The Blitz wheel has a wide offset that may be making it more sensitive. They are working with me and are going to try today to find a different wheel close to the factory spec. Butler Tire had an impressive balancing act, but $160 for a one time balance :eek: ... maybe if it was a Porche and I had Porche money. But it is good to know about them if I ever need that level of science and detail to wheel work.

I am going to try another wheel from DiscountTire or If they can't find a wheel that I like go back to my stock rims with the new larger tires. They are a very good operation and are standing behind the product. (so far) Thanks for all the suggestions. It helped knowing my options. :clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts