Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any has, or has had experience with ATS's ct27 upgrade combo kit. I was browsing their site and found they sell a combo kit which includes-

ct27 turbo, Rom tuned for 550cc injectors, toyota 550cc injectors, ats modified fuel rail, walbro 255hp fuel pump, and 170 degree thermostat.

They claim that it results in 275 flywheel hp at 14psi, and 350 flywheel hp at 20psi (anything over 17psi, they say to use race fuel) Their price seems to be reasonable @ $2,000 for everything. I was just wondering some opinions on them, their work, or their products????

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
ATS makes great products. But remember... that price of $2000 will be when you send all of your stuff for the core charge. Turbo, fpr, ecu... etc. So your car may be down for a while.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am aware of the core charges, but being that my car is under construction right now, i can spare the down time.. I just was wondering if i should spend the last of my mr2 $$ on this upgrade. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
i have a modified dual feed stock fuel rail with 550s for sale if your interested..PM me..i just sold my ECU to aaron at ATS...

·
MR2 for life
94 toyota mr2 turbo
67 Posts
i tell you what i think about the turbo, after it finally arrives at my house. feels like forever ago since ive driven my mr2. :sosad: its only been three weeks.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
ishcoleobo said:
ATS makes great products. But remember... that price of $2000 will be when you send all of your stuff for the core charge. Turbo, fpr, ecu... etc. So your car may be down for a while.
Russ, what do you think about yours? spool up time, quality and consistancy of boost,top end, etc? just wondering. you've had yours for awhile now haven't you?

·
Registered
219 Posts
i am getting my ct27 installed in like 3 hours. i'll post my opinions monday. i am coming from a jdm ct26 that runs fine. after i bought it i wish i had spent the extra $$ and got the kit.

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
MR2BAD said:
Russ, what do you think about yours? spool up time, quality and consistancy of boost,top end, etc? just wondering. you've had yours for awhile now haven't you?
I went from a JDM CT26 to a 50 trim Steel CT27... so the spool was a little bit slower than what I was used to. But HOLY SHIT when that thing hits it hits pretty damn hard. Pulls much harder than with my CT26. Best part is you can spin that thing all the way to redline and it never misses a beat. It spools just as fast as any "upgraded" CT26 does.... but gives you more power and a much better powerband.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
ishcoleobo said:
I went from a JDM CT26 to a 50 trim Steel CT27... so the spool was a little bit slower than what I was used to. But HOLY SHIT when that thing hits it hits pretty damn hard. Pulls much harder than with my CT26. Best part is you can spin that thing all the way to redline and it never misses a beat. It spools just as fast as any "upgraded" CT26 does.... but gives you more power and a much better powerband.
sounds awsome...did you have to do fuel upgrades? or is the stock fuel system OK?

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Well... my car is an NA swap. So at the moment I am running a stock NA fuel pump with an inline Walbro 255lph. It won't be in there long... in tank fuel pump, ems and fuel mods are coming in the future permitting funds. :D. Waiting on brakes and clutch right now.

·
aka "Downforce"
168 Posts
I have one of ATS's combo kits. I have the CT27, fuel pressure regulator and rom tune. Along with that, I have intake, boost controller and stock exhaust with gutted catalytic converters. My car put 225hp and 240tq at 15.5 psi, and held 15psi to it's new 7500 rpm redline. I couldn't be more happy with the power it has. The torque peaks at about 4k rpms, which would be sooner and stronger if I had aftermarket downpipe and exhaust. but I stay near neck and neck with my roommate and his Evo VIII that has turbo-back exhaust, fuel pump, intake, boost controller, twin-disk clutch, flywheel and an ECU reflash. Gotta love the power:weight ratio of the MR2. So that's my experience with it, and my praise of it.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
Strat42586 said:
I have one of ATS's combo kits. I have the CT27, fuel pressure regulator and rom tune. Along with that, I have intake, boost controller and stock exhaust with gutted catalytic converters. My car put 225hp and 240tq at 15.5 psi, and held 15psi to it's new 7500 rpm redline. I couldn't be more happy with the power it has. The torque peaks at about 4k rpms, which would be sooner and stronger if I had aftermarket downpipe and exhaust. but I stay near neck and neck with my roommate and his Evo VIII that has turbo-back exhaust, fuel pump, intake, boost controller, twin-disk clutch, flywheel and an ECU reflash. Gotta love the power:weight ratio of the MR2. So that's my experience with it, and my praise of it.
Hey Downforce! long time no hear. where have you been?
r those HP and TRQ #'s flywheel or RWHP ? I would be happy with those #'s too. I'm not looking for massive amounts of HP.
and may I ask how much the Kit was?$$$

·
aka "Downforce"
168 Posts
MR2BAD said:
Hey Downforce! long time no hear. where have you been?
r those HP and TRQ #'s flywheel or RWHP ? I would be happy with those #'s too. I'm not looking for massive amounts of HP.
and may I ask how much the Kit was?$$$
Yeah, it's been a while. Those numbers are at the wheels, dyno'd on ATS's DynoJet and tuned for 91 octane. I took my car down there for a lot of work, not just for the kit, so I'm not sure about exact prices. The car was leaking oil, and the turbo ended up being near bad, so I decided to go with the CT27 kit. Aaron was incredible to work with, and I got no complaints on anything. I paid the price on the site, and since the car was there he had all the parts for core exchange. I'm pretty sure his site www.atsracing.com has the prices on it. But i think my favorite part about all of that, is on top of those numbers, even with hard driving, I'm still averaging OVER 30 miles per gallon and OVER 33 miles per gallon on the highway. My gas mileage is UNBELIEVEABLE.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heydownforce,
Just wondering if you have a jdm or usdm motor in your car. What is the difference between the two HP-wise. what other mods do u have on ur car?

·
aka "Downforce"
168 Posts
Mrwho2 said:
Heydownforce,
Just wondering if you have a jdm or usdm motor in your car. What is the difference between the two HP-wise. what other mods do u have on ur car?
I have the USDM motor. The biggest difference is that the JDM motor has a much better turbo than the USDM. Other than that, the difference isn't to large, including slightly different ECU, better engine components. I think the biggest difference was between the Gen II 3SGTE and the Gen III, and that was the loss of the MAF sensor, although a veteran could correct me if I'm wrong.
My list of performance mods include APEXi Power Intake, Twos R Us Manual Boost controller at 15.5 psi, stock exhaust with gutted cats, custom fuel cut defencer, ATS CT27 combo kit (includes CT27, fuel pressure regulator and ROM tune), ATS throttle body inlet, SARD Racing R2D2 blow off valve (soon to be replaced with a stock bypass valve). Everything else is pretty much stock besides the body mods and that stuff which doesn't help with performance. My car doesn't have much done to it, besides the CT27. I don't even have the basic turbo mods: intake, downpipe, exhaust, boost controller, tuning. I really, really need to rectify the exhaust situation, however money is tight after the turbo stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts