1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Go camry goooooo
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys well i decided on getting a carbon fiber hood, by vis

my questions is about mounting the hood pins, where did everyone mount them

Anybody with pics please post pics, especially if you have a gen 4

Also do the type of hood pins matter, do i need expensive ones or cheap one off ebay, whats the difference between them

Edit: also where did you get your cf hoods ebay, visracing etc??

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
I have Sparco's, I've had them since December and I still haven't installed them because I'm afraid of ruining my CF Hood:lol:

Edit: I paid $30 for my Sparco Hood Pins

·
No Fat Bitches
2,044 Posts
Rapeacivic said:
I have Sparco's, I've had them since December and I still haven't installed them because I'm afraid of ruining my CF Hood:lol:

Edit: I paid $30 for my Sparco Hood Pins
Damn, how does you hood not fly up when you drive fast?

·
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Phi said:
DO NOT skip on hood pins unless you wanna risk having it flip up on the hwy, smash your windshield, sever your head...you get the point.
That's not always true. I installed the Hood latch assembly from my stock hood onto my CF Hood and I've had no problems*knocks on Wood*

·
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
whats the fastest youve ever driven your car with the CF hood terry? for real...?
Yeah, I'm for real, and I drive on the Highway every day to get to work and I've gone close to 90 mph with no problems*knocks on wood again*

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
I get them from my backyard... okay its a secret local near my backyard:D next to a couple hood molds that went to waste:disappoin

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Where to mount them?... the ideal place IMO near the fron... right behind the lighting assemblies... well I would say roguhly 1/2 ft to a foot behind the headlights near the endge

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is why hood pins are strongly recommended for carbon fiber hoods...

The windshield was replaced, but the roof can't be fixed so easily...

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Dude, not trying to sound like an ass or anything, but shrink your pic down, its way to huge at least 640x480

1 - 17 of 17 Posts