Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
camry Wookie
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i've searched until my ADD was going apesh!t and i can't find anything about this. I've just aquired a set of matrix racing seats with sliders and i want them in my camry coupe. unfortunately, they don't just bolt right up to the stock brackets or mounting points. anyone know what brackets to use for these seats?? also, how safe do you guys all think it would be if i were to fabricate my own brackets? be advised...responses are going to prompt more questions...lol

·
camry Wookie
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty good, but any recomendations on what to use? also, is bolting it together acceptable, since i don't have access to a welder? I was thinking about steel rods or maybe tubes.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Mine is made out of flat steel. I dont know if i would bolt it together, that may not give enough strength. I have them bolted to the car and the seats, everthing else is welded.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Be very careful when making or using other brackets for your seats. In a crash, the ammount of force on the seat is huge.

For example: I had a recent accident. My seat (driver's seat) was nearly torn from the frame, and shifted/bent so much from momentum/inertia/etc.. it crushed the centre console.

Just keep that in mind. :)

·
camry Wookie
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow, yeah, were those stock seat brackets? any other thoughts on fabrication anyone?

·
Registered
159 Posts
wow, yeah, were those stock seat brackets? any other thoughts on fabrication anyone?
Yup, factory brackets. Not trying to frighten you, or anything. I'm just saying, if you're going to do that, do it right.

·
camry Wookie
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn dude, but i gotta say, i'm still not scared...takes things worse than death to scare me...lol, like carnies...u know circus folk... anyhow, i think i'm gonna way over-build my brackets then, just to be safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts