Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Camry
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to take the time to correct a few inaccuracies in the FAQ on the main page.

Suspension:

92-94 use serviceable struts: My '93 V6 had sealed struts (Japanese origin).

Gen 4 lighting:

Headlights: 9003 (A.K.A. H4)

That info is good for 97-99. For 00-01 (Gen 4.5), they went back to a two projector 9005 & 9006 set.

-Joel
 

·
Registered
Camry
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
joel_musicman said:

Suspension:

92-94 use serviceable struts: My '93 V6 had sealed struts (Japanese origin).

My 93 V6 Japanese has servicable struts. I bought this car used so maybe they were switched some time in the past?
 

·
Registered
99 Camry
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know why they would be. Sealed are more expensive to replace than serviceable.

-Joel
 

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
Joined
·
439 Posts
joel_musicman said:

That info is good for 97-99. For 00-01 (Gen 4.5), they went back to a two projector 9005 & 9006 set.

-Joel
are you sure about that? then why does my mom's gen4.5 lighting look a helluva lot brighter than my gen3 lighting?
 

·
it was all a dream
Joined
·
4,204 Posts
joel_musicman said:
I just wanted to take the time to correct a few inaccuracies in the FAQ on the main page.

Suspension:

92-94 use serviceable struts: My '93 V6 had sealed struts (Japanese origin).

Gen 4 lighting:

Headlights: 9003 (A.K.A. H4)

That info is good for 97-99. For 00-01 (Gen 4.5), they went back to a two projector 9005 & 9006 set.

-Joel
Hey Joel,

Thanks for the correction. There is a note in the FAQ entry for the servicable struts question that says that LATE 94's were sealed, but I think what it's supposed to say is 92-93 were serviceable with LATE 93's having sealed...

And about the Gen4 lighting, I will add that, thanks :thumbup:
 

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
Joined
·
1,363 Posts
joel_musicman said:
I just wanted to take the time to correct a few inaccuracies in the FAQ on the main page.

Suspension:

92-94 use serviceable struts: My '93 V6 had sealed struts (Japanese origin).

Gen 4 lighting:

Headlights: 9003 (A.K.A. H4)

That info is good for 97-99. For 00-01 (Gen 4.5), they went back to a two projector 9005 & 9006 set.

-Joel
The 4.5 Gen was never projector, but did have dual lamps for the highs and lows
 

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
Joined
·
16,189 Posts
Re: Re: Attn Admin: Faq Update

Ratko said:
Hey Joel,

Thanks for the correction. There is a note in the FAQ entry for the servicable struts question that says that LATE 94's were sealed, but I think what it's supposed to say is 92-93 were serviceable with LATE 93's having sealed...

And about the Gen4 lighting, I will add that, thanks :thumbup:


Nope, I wrote it and I got my info from Tokico and Toyota Motor Co... it was 92-94, after Aug (or Oct) of 94 they switched to sealed. Tho all of 94 seems to be a grey area where it went either way depending when each assembly plant ran out.
 

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
Joined
·
2,194 Posts
Re: Re: Attn Admin: Faq Update

initial-T said:
are you sure about that? then why does my mom's gen4.5 lighting look a helluva lot brighter than my gen3 lighting?
Cuz the plastic in our headlights gets fogged up and hazy over time and restricts the amoun of light that shines through. Your moms 4.5 will get like that too. (I think)
 

·
Registered
99 Camry
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Re: Attn Admin: Faq Update

BLUEMEANIE said:
Nope, I wrote it and I got my info from Tokico and Toyota Motor Co... it was 92-94, after Aug (or Oct) of 94 they switched to sealed. Tho all of 94 seems to be a grey area where it went either way depending when each assembly plant ran out.
Late '93 models were probably included in the "grab-bag" period, as evidenced by my '93 with sealed struts.

-Joel
 

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
Joined
·
675 Posts
If my sources are correct......None are sealed.....Its a rare occation when they are sealed.....Hopefully soundlzd can back me up
 

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
Joined
·
439 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Attn Admin: Faq Update

Gridlyne said:
Cuz the plastic in our headlights gets fogged up and hazy over time and restricts the amoun of light that shines through. Your moms 4.5 will get like that too. (I think)
ew...i knew it was bad fog, but i didn't know it was that bad.

hmm..wonder why my friend's gen3 lights look clean as new, and he doesnt know a thing about cars and its been in their family since they bought it, no repairs, nothing.
 

·
permanent hiatus
Joined
·
735 Posts
i have a 92 w/sealed struts. however these werent the original struts on my car, these are monroes. i think the important thing to put on the faq, in bold or something, is to check for yourself. and the info on how to do that should be there too.

btw i couldnt find any strut info in there. where'd it go?
 

·
permanent hiatus
Joined
·
735 Posts
oooooooooooooooooooooo ok... the camry faq should link to that page then because i never go to the home page... i always go straight to forums: www.toyotanation.com/forum/

thx for that i have actually never seen that
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top