Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Smell the Audiophiliacity
05 Tacoma
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your tweets, mids, and whatever the morels are are all different impedances. You are using a seperate amp for your tweets, but your mids and morels are being wired to the same amp. How are you doing that? It doesnt **** anything up?

Also, can you give me a general estimate of what I could expect to pay for MB Quart QTc25's and Seas Nextel 5.5"s? I was just wondering if you could get any good deals on any of those components, as I might buy them too

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
LiquidClen said:
Your tweets, mids, and whatever the morels are are all different impedances. You are using a seperate amp for your tweets, but your mids and morels are being wired to the same amp. How are you doing that? It doesnt **** anything up?
Nope not at all. It'll actually run a little cooler because of the 8 ohm mids.

Also, can you give me a general estimate of what I could expect to pay for MB Quart QTc25's and Seas Nextel 5.5"s? I was just wondering if you could get any good deals on any of those components, as I might buy them too
The tweeters are hard to find. You can however buy them in the PSD/PCE Components which are fairly inexspensive. Have you decided to wire active?

I'll sell you mine if you want. I paid 93 shipped for them and they're worth every penny. Some of the best tweeters you can buy.

·
Smell the Audiophiliacity
05 Tacoma
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cam2Xrunner said:
Nope not at all. It'll actually run a little cooler because of the 8 ohm mids.

The tweeters are hard to find. You can however buy them in the PSD/PCE Components which are fairly inexspensive. Have you decided to wire active?

I'll sell you mine if you want. I paid 93 shipped for them and they're worth every penny. Some of the best tweeters you can buy.
Yeah I have decided to go active, just looking for a fairly good yet inexpensive (under 300) HU to buy. Then I gotta get the midbass, but I havent decided on that either. I kinda want to get Diamond Audio Mids and Subs but am still just kind of floating. :sosad:

·
Registered
2001 4runner
30 Posts
LiquidClen said:
Yeah I have decided to go active, just looking for a fairly good yet inexpensive (under 300) HU to buy. Then I gotta get the midbass, but I havent decided on that either. I kinda want to get Diamond Audio Mids and Subs but am still just kind of floating. :sosad:

diamond audio makes great mids, i would strongly suggest checking them out. i ran a set of hexs and loved them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.