Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
WHAT???
341 Posts
lol take a look at this on the same web site by the price:

Item# 13112

Regular Price: $189.00
Our Price: $185.00 what a difference in price.

nice deck by the way. u would still go with a pioneer in that price range u can get the 7600mp or the 760mp.

·
Registered
332 Posts
That link does not offer a single product I would recommend to someone interested in car audio. Jensen, Legacy and Pyle are not brands I would inform anyone to put in their car.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
nice deck, but why Pioneer speakers?

everyone wants pioneer, I DONT UNDERSTAND!

to me they seem no better than Sony's Xplod line, intial quality is good, but they dont stay that way for long.

·
nub
313 Posts
mine and my friends pioneers are good, we've had them for a few months now and they still sound great...

i plan to get some better ones when i get more money though. i would like a whole set of components so i'm going to buy all together.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I prefer the sound of the Pioneers over the other Best Buy type brands. There's nothing wrong with Pioneer speakers for their price.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2wickedtoyz said:
yeah i see it but it says
reg.:109
ours:189

that is pretty messed up
$109 is the default price setting in their script or something for items with unknown retail/no regular prices.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Stevethecleric said:

to me they seem no better than Sony's Xplod line
Ha ha ha ha ha ha, yeah right, sony is garbage! Invest on what sounds good to your ears, if you want mid to high end stuff hit me up, I can give you some recommendations, I also have a couple of sets of MB quarts in my gargage collecting dust. Other wise, JL, pioneers, JBL's, Boston will all do the job.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
meh, Xplod' are nothing compared to pioneers. i want good quality but don't wanna blast it so i went with the pioneers, 4-ways up front and 5-ways out back. eventually i'll put some upgraded tweeters in where my wagon ones are now, but first things first.

besides, these pioneers give a nice balance in all ranges from low to high. i chose the 5-ways in the back primarily because they're a lot further back there than in a standard car and i wanted to be able to hear them as good as the 4-ways up front. i didn't want them to be drowned out.

i didn't want the clarions or kenwoods because of limited options and not as much power handling capabilities.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Try to keep your soundstage up front, the speakers in the back can just be 2 ways, just to give you some rear fill. Think of this way, if you have a home theater system, you wouldnt want the same size and amount of speakers behind you because it will take away the quality of sound of whats in front of you thus giving you a poor soundstage. I only have a two way component set up front, and my 6.5 can go down to 31Hz. I would do 3 way max, whats in a 4 or 5 way speaker? dual mids and tweets? Are you running these speakers off you HU? If so power handling really doesn't matter since they will only get about 20watts to each speaker.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.