Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Nav/Audio NCSD-W12U-A head unit on a Sienna. The main screen loads fine. When I go into any sub-menu there are no graphics being displayed, but the words show up:

Also, when I click on maps, it says "Unable to Read the Data". I've tried to set up the entune app and run the maps through my phone but it doesn't seem to work. I can connect via Bluetooth and play music but none of the apps work. The touch screen works fine but without the graphic displaying the "buttons" it is hard to know what you are clicking on.

Anyone have experience with this? It seem on the surface to be a simple software issue. Do you think an update to the firmware would do it? Is the system and GPS looking for a missing file that I can get and install via the SD slot or CD drive? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I hate to just replace the Head Unit. Also confusing me, is this unit set up as a GPS unit? Should GPS work without my phone? It seem like it is but it doesn't work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Nav/Audio NCSD-W12U-A head unit on a Sienna. The main screen loads fine. When I go into any sub-menu there are no graphics being displayed, but the words show up:

Also, when I click on maps, it says "Unable to Read the Data". I've tried to set up the entune app and run the maps through my phone but it doesn't seem to work. I can connect via Bluetooth and play music but none of the apps work. The touch screen works fine but without the graphic displaying the "buttons" it is hard to know what you are clicking on.

Anyone have experience with this? It seem on the surface to be a simple software issue. Do you think an update to the firmware would do it? Is the system and GPS looking for a missing file that I can get and install via the SD slot or CD drive? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I hate to just replace the Head Unit. Also confusing me, is this unit set up as a GPS unit? Should GPS work without my phone? It seem like it is but it doesn't work.
I was having the same issue. The problem is that the SD card is either not seated correctly, or missing. In my case, we had just purchased a certified pre-owned vehicle, and for some reason the chip wasn't there. The dealer shipped me a new one, I installed it, and everything is working great now. All of the menus / navigation / etc. now show up as expected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts