Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to upgrade my system but not all at once. I'd like to stick to a tight budget because my wife will get pretty bent if I spend too much. I was thinking on doing the speakers first and don't wanna spend more than $ 300 to replace the existing ones. I'm looking for some suggestions with in my budget.

Next, my brother was telling me that there is some kinda after makrket box I can get that cleans up the noise in the stock head unit any one know what this is?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I did a speaker-only upgrade, used the Tacotunes spacers, harness, and bolt kit, w/ sony speakers. It was under $300. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you want to add an amp later, you will need components, I bought coaxials.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a small system in my grand cherokee and I kept the stock head unit. I think that might be the way I wan't to go. I like the 6 disc changer. Although an mp3 would be nice too.

I was looking at crutchfield and thers just way to many speakers to choose from. I like polk audio though. I've never heard them in an auto appplication before but I remember there home stuff being pretty good.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Why dont you try putting a good amplifier to the stock speakers first?...That's how I'm running mine right now and the extra watts is all these speakers need. If you decide you want speakers with even better sound quality you can buy components and already have the power for them.

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
I agree with Setyn7.

All you need is more power to them. Get an amp or a new CD Player.

It is much easier to install a new CD Player than new door speakers.

All you need is a dash kit, wire harness and a CD Player. This can all be under $300.

Right now I have an Alpine IVA-D300 TV in there, pushing the stock speakers. It sounds great to me. I played around with the deck and adjusted it correctly. Also you can hook up an iPod to the deck or play music off MP3 cds!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Bazooka amp I used to power my ols sub. It was either 300 or 500 watts. I never had any problems with it. So I'll start there. Thanx for the help.

·
Registered
Toyota Tocama
31 Posts
I just Did this for my X-Mas gift. Got the Alpine CDA-9851 clean sound.Maks the stock speaker sound like after maket.The rear doors i could not hear at loud volume with the stock cd but now they sound the best.I'm very happy with the stock speakers for now.I like putting 12 differnt albums on one cd-rw.I put some rock,rap and r-n-b and hit the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts