Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Camry 2002 LE 4-Cyl.
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like not to cut any wires so that factory radio and speakers can be put back in one day. What's a good place to buy both dashboard harness and rear speaker harness?

What is the white/green striped small wire for? The harness appears to only have 4 wires going out anyway, what's the 5th white/green striped small wire for?

It's a Toyota Camry 2002, this is supposedly the wiring diagram:

...and these are the actual colors. What is the white/green striped small wire for? (2002 LE has no factory amp)

I figure the rest to be:

• Yellow: Left Rear -
• Black: Left Rear +

• White: Right Rear -
• Red: Right Rear +

These are the actual colors on the other one:

I figure them to be:

• Purple: Left Front -
• Redish (next to green): Left Front +

• Blue: Right Front -
• Green: Right Front +

• Gray: Radio Ignition

• Yellow/blue stripes: Radio 12V

• Brown: Radio Ground

• Small green wire: Radio Illumination

·
Banned
821 Posts
This is how it appears to me ... for whatever reason, I'm missing the rest of the pages that go along with the EWD for the Radio w/o Amp ... however:

The Blue connector you are looking at is the R-3 Connector. The wire you are looking at in the diagram is for pin 5 of the B harness in the diagram.

From what I can guess, since there is no wire in pin 4 ... maybe my info, or your pinout is incorrect ... however:

Use a multimeter to test to see if that is 12V + at ACC position only (Not Constant 12V+)

·
Banned
821 Posts
On your R-2 Connector ... pinouts should be:

Pin 1 (LG) - Front Right Door Speaker +
Pin 2 (P) - Front Left Door Speaker -
Pin 3 (GR) - ACC Power to Radio
Pin 4 () - Guessing - not in my diagram (12V+ Constant)
Pin 5 (L) - Front Right Door Speaker -
Pin 6 (V) - Front Left Door Speaker -
Pin 7 (BR) - Illumination

Hope this helps. This is from Toyota OEM Service Manual for 2002 Camry
I no longer have a techinfo subscription, but if you want ... you can paypal me the $10 for a 24 hour subscription, and I'll lookup the info you need, as well as some things I need for myself. PM me if you want to do so.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Please verify for me that you in fact DO NOT have an amplifier.

The further I read into the 02 Camry ... options were:
AM/FM/CD - Std on LE
AM/FM/6CD - Opt on LE
Nav/6CD - Not Avail on LE
all have an AMP located behind the glovebox!

the more I'm thinking about it you probably do have an amp

·
Camry 2002 LE 4-Cyl.
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you for your advice. I just got the factory repair manual myself. Let me know if you need anything.

My 2002 LE Camry did not have an amplifier. There is no amp behind the glove box for sure. FYI, it did not come with a remote keyless either. This used to be a fleet rental car before I bought it and that's why.

Pictures were taken after taking out the factory CD cassette radio.

I am replacing the CD radio and also installing component speakers in front connected to a new 2 ch. amp I bought. I am also installing new coaxial speakers in the rear, which I will not connect to the amp, but to the new CD radio.

I'm going to study posted info and compare it to what I had.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Thank you for your advice. I just got the factory repair manual myself. Let me know if you need anything.

My 2002 LE Camry did not have an amplifier. There is no amp behind the glove box for sure. FYI, it did not come with a remote keyless either. This used to be a fleet rental car before I bought it and that's why.

I am replacing the CD radio and also installing component speakers in front connected to a new 2 ch. amp I bought. I am also installing new coaxial speakers in the rear, which I will not connect to the amp, but to the new CD radio.

Ah ... fleet vehicle .... explains it all ... different option packages.

Good Luck ... let me know how it turns out.

As for the manual ... I don't have an 02 ... I actually need the FSM for the new sequoia ... but thanks for asking.

--Antonio

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ah ... fleet vehicle .... explains it all ... different option packages.

Good Luck ... let me know how it turns out.

As for the manual ... I don't have an 02 ... I actually need the FSM for the new sequoia ... but thanks for asking.

--Antonio

I have 99 Camry LE with 6 speaker.
Now the illumination for LCD display is dead. Can't see the LCD display at night. I have the exact same connector as your, and actually have the same question as your? What is the small white/green wire on connector R3? And unfortunately that cable on my camry is dead too. I checked on my friend's Camry and found that it is for illumination. Probably for LCD illumination. (that's why my LCD is always dark).
The problem is; that it's probably not 12V. I didn't checked it with a meter, but it's obviously different from the other illumination wire on R2.
On my test pen the illumination wire on R2 is bright, while on R3 is dim.
So I don't know if I should just splice the wire from R2 to R3. I'm afraid to do so because I don't know if this might create a bigger problem.
I don't know where the wire comes from.
Any help with wiring diagram or any suggestion would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 99 Camry LE with 6 speaker.
Now the illumination for LCD display is dead. Can't see the LCD display at night. I have the exact same connector as your, and actually have the same question as your? What is the small white/green wire on connector R3? And unfortunately that cable on my camry is dead too. I checked on my friend's Camry and found that it is for illumination. Probably for LCD illumination. (that's why my LCD is always dark).
The problem is; that it's probably not 12V. I didn't checked it with a meter, but it's obviously different from the other illumination wire on R2.
On my test pen the illumination wire on R2 is bright, while on R3 is dim.
So I don't know if I should just splice the wire from R2 to R3. I'm afraid to do so because I don't know if this might create a bigger problem.
I don't know where the wire comes from.
Any help with wiring diagram or any suggestion would be much appreciated.
Thank you!
:help::bump:

·
Registered
1 Posts
The third 20 pin harness, what's this for?

My 2005 Camry has a 20 pin third harness, what is this for and what are the 3 wires on it?

Note that this 20 pin harness was attached to the indicated receptacle of the original car stereo.

Any help is appreciated. :thanks:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2005 Camry has a 20 pin third harness, what is this for and what are the 3 wires on it?

Note that this 20 pin harness was attached to the indicated receptacle of the original car stereo.

Any help is appreciated. :thanks:
the 20 pin harness is for different use , but is more liked it, the this 3 wire are coming for steering wheel control, SW1, SW2 and SWG
btw i need a little help , you know how look S12 and S13 connector for the amplifier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts