Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if you've got these in the US, but heres the Ford Falcon XR6 (comes in XR8, GT and GT-P also). Aussie designed and built, it also comes with a turbo model that puts out close to 300hp. Comments are welcome:

Oh.. and yes that is my corolla in the background.. hubcaps are ugly, but when u get 'em for $10 i cant complain :)

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Best thing out of Australia is that guy that dropped a 2jzgte into his MKII Supra.... now that is awesome :)

BTW: That looks way better than the focus.... we dont have those.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btw:
forgot to add.. this is it's rival, the Holden Commodore SS (base models are badged as Chevy Lumina's over there i think). 290kW (362hp) v8:

Front:

Rear:

and the rear of the Falcon GT-P (320kW, 400hp v8 version and better aero than the xr6, but the same sort of thing):

·
^
4,197 Posts
We never got the Commadore under any name, the Lumina is a fwd weakling POS of a car, the Commadore is a muscle car.

We did get a rebadged version of the Monaro though, the Pontiac GTO with the LS1 and T56.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh i know about the GTO... you got more horses than us :( It was big news over here... Now that i think about it i do remember them saying it was the first aussie export since the HZ was shipped as a Cadillac DeVille

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
One of them looks like an RSX. The other looks like it stole new civic tail lights.

If Australia didn't own so much, I wouldn't have to buy all my parts from Australia.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
The Falcon reminds me of a JZX100 Toyota Chaser:

I read the article about the XR6 in Car and Driver. Looks sweeeet :D

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
^
And that reminds me of a BMW:D

Yeah, the reason they get all the good cars is because they have near no emission standards.

The Falcon will never touch US soil unless it is for race application. It would never pass emission standards.

*The Focus RS8 Could still smoke both of them... And a Gallardo :D

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
SmokingTiresV6 said:
^
Headlights say BMW, hood looks like an R34 Skyline, and the little triangle in the grille reminds me of Alfa Romeo... hmm

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
i envy you Aussies...you get all the good stuff that Ford and Chevy put out.

hrm...wonder if i can import the Commodore through work.......:cool:

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SmokingTiresV6 said:
^

Yeah, the reason they get all the good cars is because they have near no emission standards.

The Falcon will never touch US soil unless it is for race application. It would never pass emission standards.

*The Focus RS8 Could still smoke both of them... And a Gallardo :D
We do have some pretty tough emission standards actually... the only real reason we got the commodore and falcon and you didnt was because of the fuel tank... Aussie DR's can have the fuel tank anywhere behind the front seats.. most other countries can only have it under the rear seats.. the commodore and falcon used to have them under the trunk... now they are finally under the back row. But no, they probably wouldnt pass Calafornian Emmisions...

Oh.. and the Focus SR8 has nothing on the XR6 Turbo or the (HSV)Senator in a straight line...

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just another note: You think the sedans look good for drifting, check these out. All the power of the sedans with almost no rear weight:

Holden Commodore SS Ute:

Ford Performance Vehicles (FPR) Falcon Pursuit Ute:

I Was lucky enough to thrash my mates older Pursuit just before he traded it in for a new one.. let me tell you.. they go!

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
thespud said:
We do have some pretty tough emission standards actually... the only real reason we got the commodore and falcon and you didnt was because of the fuel tank... Aussie DR's can have the fuel tank anywhere behind the front seats.. most other countries can only have it under the rear seats.. the commodore and falcon used to have them under the trunk... now they are finally under the back row. But no, they probably wouldnt pass Calafornian Emmisions...

Oh.. and the Focus SR8 has nothing on the XR6 Turbo or the (HSV)Senator in a straight line...
The Focus RS8 has a 450hp/365torque V8(without F/I) in it. And does a 1/4 mile in 12.7 @ 113.7. It handles as good as a Z06 pulling .99g.

I think I would prefer a 5.0L V8 anyday :)

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh.. i was thinking of the little fart-box Focuses we get over here... I think a Charade could beat them.. Anyway, now i know the specs of the US Focus.. it probably would beat it.. the HSV's tho do have a 5.7L Corvette engine in them.. however they are somewhat de-tuned

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
The RS8 isn't a standard focus. It's a project car. And they just released conversion kits so you can do it own car. The kits are a RWD conversion (includes wagon) and give you the materials to drop in any Ford V8 you want.

We have the little crap ones too.

But the Focus SVT could outhandle all of them. :)

·
The Oddity
Gen 4.5 Camry
809 Posts
the spud, you forgot to mention the holden maloo, the hsv r8, hsv gto and gts and brocky's 7ltr/427cin v8 monaro

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Actually we do have the Ford Falcon in Canada and the US, its called the Ford Taurus down here, and its a POS though. :disappoin

1 - 20 of 30 Posts