Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new here, just got my Corolla (2010 S) and love it so far. I ordered my bluetooth kit and will be putting that in today. One thing I've noticed that I miss from my previous car is auto-dimming mirror.

I found this one (00016-79800) on TRD Sparks and wondered if anyone had installed it or know of anyone who has?

I did a forum search but the only things that matched were because either the first or second part of the part # matched, or it was for a 2004 model and wasn't sure if I should even read that thread.

Thanks in advance

http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?Mdl_dtl=690&Part_cat=23&parts_id=1612

·
The random one
2010 Corolla CE
523 Posts
sending them an email would be best bet. I'm pretty sure toyota offer the auto dim mirror on the corolla. I would chekc with your local part dep and find out the part number.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sending them an email would be best bet. I'm pretty sure toyota offer the auto dim mirror on the corolla. I would chekc with your local part dep and find out the part number.
There are two mirrors on this website, one looks to be the auto-dimming mirror that comes in the Corolla if you select that option. This one appears to be different, and offers up the PNDRL indicator as well. The one that comes in the Corolla is only $30 more so the price isn't an issue--I think I might just like this indicator. Was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with it.

Thanks for the response, and I will contact the website as well!

edit: This is the other mirror, which I believe is what comes in the car if you order that option.

http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?Mdl_dtl=676&Part_cat=23&parts_id=2282

·
Registered
96 Camry CollectorEd
26 Posts
I really like Gentek mirrors (they have homelink/compass/auto-dim) I think they retail for about $350 from the toyota dealership, but you can buy them online for about $150-$180. The install can be easy or hard... I haven't done it yet, but I've read up on it enough to know that the existing V-clip for your mirror is compatible, so nothing needs to be done to your windshield. Just slide off the old one, slide on the new one...

Wiring. Supposedly if you have a sun-roof this job is 100X easier. Because you'll have key-power and constant power. Key power comes from tapping into the power line to the sunroof (which can only be opened when the car is on/acc.) and the constant power can be tapped from the map-lights. No running any wires. Just splice and go. 45min job max.

However, without those two, you'll need to gain power somewhere else, perhaps running the wire down the inside of the driver's side A-pillar cover and to the fuse box. Which will take a lot more work.

Here are the PDF instructions:
http://allscion.com/images/rostra/Installation instructions for all mirrors.pdf

It's an upgrade I want to get as well. Mainly for the homelink 3-buttons so I dont have to carry around garage door openers.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... no sunroof here, I've already decided it's gonna be a pain to install wiring. The PDF you listed is the same one as on the site--looks simple, but is not gonna be 45 minutes (as with the sunroof). Will let you know how it goes if I decide to order it.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,788 Posts
Hi all. I'm new here, just got my Corolla (2010 S) and love it so far. I ordered my bluetooth kit and will be putting that in today. One thing I've noticed that I miss from my previous car is auto-dimming mirror.

I found this one (00016-79800) on TRD Sparks and wondered if anyone had installed it or know of anyone who has?

I did a forum search but the only things that matched were because either the first or second part of the part # matched, or it was for a 2004 model and wasn't sure if I should even read that thread.

Thanks in advance

http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?Mdl_dtl=690&Part_cat=23&parts_id=1612
I have the stock auto dimming mirror as it came with my car. It looks like the one you posted but it doesn't have the auto indicator as I have a 5-speed. :thumbsup: I do love the auto dimming mirror though & I think it would be something I would miss in another car w/o one.

·
Registered
2013 Corolla S
36 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am a little late to this party but still good to reply. :)

I just had the CIPA 36500 auto dimming rear view mirror installed in my 2013 Corolla S. It came with the basic flip down mirror which is tough to get used to after having the auto dimming mirror in other cars.

The CIPA 36500 is a great model as it has the auto dimming, compass, temp display, and map lights. The compass and temp are in the base of the mirror and always displayed. I had it professionally installed as it is -20 here in MN and I don't have the facilities to work on cars other than my garage that is insulated but not heated.

It costs me $53 to have it installed and I would gladly pay that amount to have it installed so I don't have to spend too many hours in the freezing cold trying to get it done.

So far, the mirror is awesome, mirror is the same size as the OEM basic mirror but the base is larger as it has the auto dimming sensor and the compass and temp displays. Overall, it is awesome. The mirror was $158 on amazon Prime.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/CIPA-36500-Dimming-Rearview-Temperature/dp/B00029WSX6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389029429&sr=8-1&keywords=cipa+36500[/ame]

Have a great day!
Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts