Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had bad experience with these insurance companies.

Liberty Mutual (now TD Insurance)
AXA Insurance

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phi said:
I'm with TD now and have been for years when they were still Liberty. I haven't had any abnormal poor service other than the standard insurance bureacracy.

Care to elaborate on your experience?
First of all their rates are higher than most insurance companies. I'm 26 years old, therefore my insurance shouldn't that expensive. I don't have any claims with them and I have been driving for 10 years now. I only have 4 points on my licence. Liberty mutual was charging me $250/month compared to $161/month from The Personal Insurance for the exact same coverage for my 1997 Corolla. I was paying around $400/month when I had the Camry.

My brother had the worst experience with Liberty. They cancelled coverage on my brother's car because it was modified. He had two not at fault accidents. Both at the traffic light. Both times his car was stop for more than a minute already and then suddenly he got rear ended. His car has a lot of custom body work therefore it cost the insurance company a lot of money to get it back to the way it was. We moved to axa insurance and they did the same thing when they found out about the car. The thing is that he shouldn't be penalize for something he didn't do. To get insurance for his car we had to change over the title to my uncle and get it insured at another insurance company.

They are easy to deal with until you make a claim. My friend is also with Liberty and was given a hard time when his car was broken into. Insurance companies shouldn't treat you any different just because you care making a claim. Basically they are nice to you at the time they are collecting your money but at when you make a claim you see there darker side.

Thanks for listening... I just needed to share my experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts