Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have 2 questions:

1. If you disable the DRL with the dealer's scanner thing, will the auto sensor still work? Like if you go to dark places will your lights turn on automatically?

2. The second one is that I just met with a real dumbass service advisor (the one sitting on the desk), you know when I brought the car in to disable the DRL, I told him that the lights are dimmer now because of the brown coating caused by the DRL, you know what he said? He accused me of changing the bulbs, he said that that is not the Toyota bulbs :eek:, and I said Toyota doesn't make bulbs. It's the Silvania 9005. He pissed me off real bad. How do you deal with such stupid people like that? On top of that I paid the 1hr labor cost ($100) to do that.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
1. Yes

2. Who Cares. Toyota isn't responsible for your light bulb coating.

After you read a lot of these posts, you can learn to deal.......

·
Registered
341 Posts
i had my drl disabled and my auto works fine, that was the reason i had them took off, so i could leave it on auto and not have them on.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I finally did it and they replaced my high beams too, my auto works fine now W/O the DRL. Oh, and the service guy finally apologized for pissing me off. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts