Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Mpls Auto Show today....

OK, as most of you know, I am a truck guy and prefer full size domestic trucks and domestic sports cars. Not much of a "econobox" guy, regardless of brand. So I will leave out domestic cars and give my .02 on import/foreign cars in the 25K-30K price range (mid/full size). But first let me put on my flame-retardant suit.....OK, ready.

WTF is so great about Toyota? How can anyone get "excited" about toyotas?

I thought the Honda Accord was way nicer than the Camry. Fit-n-finish in the interior was far better. The Camry had several mis-aligned seams on the dash. The Honda was much more comfortable. But the best foreign car in this class IMO is the Mazda 6. That car was very impressive!!! I will definitely consider one of these when I replace my wife's car in a couple years.

Overall, I thought every Toyota I sat in, including the SUVs felt extremely cheap.

One comment about domestics.....The 2010 Ford Taurus appears to be an awesome car!!! The SHO version will be BADASS!!! (for a sedan).

Flame away! ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Honda was much more comfortable. But the best foreign car in this class IMO is the Mazda 6. That car was very impressive!!! I will definitely consider one of these when I replace my wife's car in a couple years.
;)

Told ya so:welcome::thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Honestly, though I do think most Toyota's and Honda's are bland and uncomfortable, they've been that way as long as I've been alive and it is very unlikely to change. And yes, when we looked at buying a car, the last gen Highlander and Rav-4 seemed kind of cheaply made they are showing signs of hope though, with very sharp looking cars like the Venza and Accord Coupe respectively in terms of style. In terms of how things are put together... what isn't made cheaply anymore?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Told ya so:welcome::thumbsup:
Yep, you did. And you were right. The one I sat in today was LOADED, blind spot notification (or whatever it's called?), keyless entry/start, rainsense wipers, etc, etc. Price was 33K but they have 4K off right now so it was closer to 29K. Almost 300 HP too IIRC. :thumbsup:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
they're becoming the Buick of the import sedan world. seriously...they're bland, they're boring, they're safe, and they come in colors like champagne/gold/ugh and silver. old people love silver.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
they're becoming the Buick of the import sedan world. seriously...they're bland, they're boring, they're safe, and they come in colors like champagne/gold/ugh and silver. old people love silver.
Exactly.

Add to the fact that they don't build anything exciting anymore.

No proper RWD platform, no sports cars, nothing.

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts

I agree, although Buick is making more exciting vehicles now :lol:....the Lucerne and the new Lacrosse are very nice looking but they need new names.

Toyota seems to running on its long standing reputation. Their build quality and design on some models are much better than others. For example my 05 4Runner is a great truck while the 07 Tundra (currently blown front diff AGAIN) is not.

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Cressida
4,512 Posts
Note, the new Mazda 6's are pretty good. The past gens- not so great.
You mean the old 626s? I thought the 2003-2008 version was fantastic, its the only large car I wanted to take home from work.

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,630 Posts
We have a 2007 Camry and it's not cheap by any means. Cheap plastic is what comes in our Shitverado and my grandpa's Sierra. And we've had an Accord too. They're good cars, but the perception that they're some sort of godly car next to the Camry is incredibly laughable. Mazda is just junk.

Seriously, what is the point for you coming here? To go off and bash Toyota's on....wait for it....a TOYOTA forum is weird. If you want to make baseless comments on Toyota, just use your GMI account. You'll find people that buy into the "Toyota sucks" hype.

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
OK, as most of you know, I am a truck guy and prefer full size domestic trucks and domestic sports cars.
Yet you continue to post on a TOYOTA forum. :rolleyes:
Not everything is about performance. Some people want a car that isnt going to fall apart after 5 years.

Overall, I thought every Toyota I sat in, including the SUVs felt extremely cheap.
Its funny to read someone who loves domestics talk about something being, "extremely cheap".
Bottom line, you are so totally blind in your opinions about cars that your opinion means absolutely nothing to me.
This thead is yet another attempt by you to belittle and bash Toyota. :thumbsdow

·
Toyota Collector
11,987 Posts
Vmax has zero credibility, haven't some of you figured that out by now? :lol:

Go look at his post history, mysteriously HE has zero problems with any of his beloved GM products over a span of 40 years. But somehow GM ranks consistently near the bottom of every quality metric that matters.

But hold on, Vmax will defend GM to infinity, never mind they are nearly out of business. They are the BEST! :thumbsup:

BTW Vmax, have you put in your pre-order for a Chevy Volt?

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,630 Posts
Not to mention that I have seen his posts on GMI and it's basically Toyota bashing. Yet when we talk bad about GM, it's because we're mindless fanboys. Right. If any of us were to go over there and tout Toyota and say anything bad about their beloved GM we'd get death threats, be called sheep, be labelled the reason why their company is insolvent, and probably be nagged to death about their "stories" about their 2002 Cavalier that has 200,000 miles on it and how their sister's friends' daughter's uncle had a Toyota that was shitty :lol:

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
As an owner of a GMT 900, I visit GMI often.

I have to agree that they are not near as tolerant as TN is as far as voicing ones favorable opinion of another make or model...especially TOYOYA!

·
Toyota Collector
11,987 Posts
Vmax reminds me of a person I have known for many years. He loves GM to death, owned everything from a Chevette to a Trans Am 80's style, to a Chevy APV van. If fact, he has owned probably 15 GM vehicles over the years. Pretty much every one of them was a piece of crap. He always busted on me for my Jap crap Toyota's. Too bad his vehicles were always in the shop with something wrong with them. His Trans Am refused to into reverse the 1st week he owned it. :eek::lol: His current Escalade has some bizarre electrical problem where sometimes the entire vehicle goes dead, everything. No dash lights, no power, nothing. The dealer has been unable to fix it after several tries. The check engine light never goes away, and he claims it doesn't mean anything.

He doesn't make fun of my cars anymore, and doesn't proclaim GM to be the greatest auto maker on the planet. Even he came to his senses considering what is going on with GM. Vmax however has not made that realization yet.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Not to mention that I have seen his posts on GMI and it's basically Toyota bashing. Yet when we talk bad about GM, it's because we're mindless fanboys. Right. If any of us were to go over there and tout Toyota and say anything bad about their beloved GM we'd get death threats, be called sheep, be labelled the reason why their company is insolvent, and probably be nagged to death about their "stories" about their 2002 Cavalier that has 200,000 miles on it and how their sister's friends' daughter's uncle had a Toyota that was shitty :lol:
Oh really? Post links please.

I very rarely post on GMI anymore and when I do, it's not about Toyota, at least not in the past year and a half. Feel free to prove me wrong. ;)
I do not even like GMI anymore.

Funny how this thread was not about GM or any domestics and I specifically noted that in my OP, but yet you claim I am touting GM. I am not a Honda or a Mazda fan (or any other import), but did I bash them? Nope, I said the Honda was better built (in regards to interior fit-n-finish) and the Mazda 6 was a very nice car.

Now, go to GM-Trucks and read my 16,000+ posts and tell me how many even mention the word Toyota in them. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.