Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's,
New to the site so just wanted to say a big hello, i hope you can help me.

2006 Invincable D4D 3.0 Auto

A few weeks back i noticed that my truck was holding in gear when in D. If you dropped the RPM it would change and away i went. I assumed it was time for me to change the ATF. This i got yesterday, however before i could change it things stepped up a gear. When i tried to pull away from the house heading to my workshop i couldnt select any gears. After turning off/on again it selected and away i went.

I changed the oil and all seemed well. Until later that night, i went out and the truck wouldn't change out of first gear. In fact every gear i selected it was stuck in first.

This morning i have plugged in the Maxiscan and there are two codes. P0751 shift solenoid stuck off & P0741 Torque converter clutch circuit stuck off.

Has anyone any ideas what to try ?. I was going to try opening and cleaning the solenoid multi plugs with CRC spray but i dont know what ones they are ? Maybe ill just disconnect them all and clean that way ill know there all good.:grin:

Anyway
Cheers
Ads

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
Not familiar with that trans, but on most auto transmissions most of the solenoids are on the valve body, which is readily accessible once you drop the pan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts