95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
cool :thumbup:

·
The Oddity
Gen 4.5 Camry
809 Posts
i'd like to do one of those courses:D

are some of those cones supposed to be laid down flat?? or someone hit them and noone was bothered to pick them up again??

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
they're pointer cones. they're supposed to be laying down

oh wow you guys had a hairpin in the course? (miata pic) that looks like lotsa fun

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This course was very long, very fast, and very tight. The slalom was spread out, had two 180 deg turns, and 3 tight corners. The next race will be at night time. Hopefully Ill have my new rims on with a few other mods. In case you didn't know my car is the blue Camry. First run was Off course, but still posted a 1:30 Second run was 1:22 Third run I went off course again and just gave up and drove back to the pits so I didn't waste time. and the Fourth run I put down a 1:21 Got second in my Class *F Street Prep*

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The fastest time I saw was like 1:10 and it was more like a go-cart than anything else. My best time was a 1:21 On stock suspension, and plowing through corners. I beat out a 90's 240sx, and wasn't too far behind a 70's Celica that runs in scca events. I can only begin to imagine what I could do with the correct parts. Too bad my dad is worse than the IRS.:lol:
I got a cracked windsheild, bad flex pipe, bad shocks, bad brake pads, a $245 ticket I need to pay, a steering colum I need to replace in my Caprice, a distributer I have to replace in my Camaro, and a oil leak in my Camry. Yet my dad still want to hound me for money like im never going to work another day, while he sits back and tells me about the $1,500+ days he has, and a $9,200 job he has upcoming and the great $200,000+ a year business he created. Yet, even in wealth...I feel more broke than I did when I was wear mismatched socks with shoes with more holes than a gang fight victim. So mabey after im done paying all bogus rent,insurace,water,cable and electric bills my father has imposed on me....just mabey Ill get to buy all the go fast parts. Till then the only thing youll be able to hear on the track during my run is screaming tires, screaming exhaust and the smell of burnt rubber.

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It really angers me knowing I have the skill and potential and detication to do well in this sport...but I no money for the right parts. Shit will happen tho...I gotta make it work. Lata

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those are the word I was looking for. Altho I kinda like having people shit when their wifes car just beat em.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
How did you fare against the porsche and bimmer z3? and the cooper (i watched italian job and the cooper looks like it would do good at auto x)?

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The coopers are like cats out of the box man, I belive they are rwd. Ive seen a few of em run, they seem like the can dominate a course with the right driver. I didn't really pay attention to the times outside my class.

·
not actual size
Camry
1,899 Posts
The new mini coopers are fwd. But they handle amazingly well. It's sort of silly, if I recall correctly the Cooper S is in G Stock with the V6 Camry while the NA Cooper is in H Stock with the 4 cyl Camry. If they weren't in your class because they had race tires or suspension mods, I'd imagine they were about 3-5 seconds faster than your class leader, providing the mini driver was decent.

Acvtually, if you raced SCCA, how'd you get into FSP? Curious. You've got a V6 with wheels and suspension, right?

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
dang that track looks pretty small, and yet you were plowing thru em with ease.... hehe cools... looks like you had fun, thanks for representing the camrys :)

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
brink said:
The new mini coopers are fwd. But they handle amazingly well. It's sort of silly, if I recall correctly the Cooper S is in G Stock with the V6 Camry while the NA Cooper is in H Stock with the 4 cyl Camry. If they weren't in your class because they had race tires or suspension mods, I'd imagine they were about 3-5 seconds faster than your class leader, providing the mini driver was decent.

Acvtually, if you raced SCCA, how'd you get into FSP? Curious. You've got a V6 with wheels and suspension, right?
95 Camry LE 5s-fe with Intake, exhaust and Cooper Cobra tires. They put me in fsp my first event when I didn't have the cooper cobras on, and its not a scca sanctioned event. Its just a small sports car club that puts on auto crosses and a poker run.
www.evscc.com <- their web site.

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
a94autoCamry said:
dang that track looks pretty small, and yet you were plowing thru em with ease.... hehe cools... looks like you had fun, thanks for representing the camrys :)
I was plowing into** the 180 deg turns.

·
Fast Toy enthusiast 4ever
1985 Corolla GT-S
454 Posts
hey man nice! thats a cool ke70 corolla too (ke70 i think) whats the smilie faced headlight thing? crazy man, lol trans am, miami vice :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts