Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2017 Corolla just started exhibiting this behavior. I've only used AHB a handful of times as 99% of my driving is in well lit urban areas.

In this case, neither temperature nor rain were factors. The system would completely disengage after oncoming traffic passed by and come back on less than a minute later. In my confusion I was fumbling with the stalk trying to get it to re-engage, which might've corrected it faster than if I had simply waited.

This vehicle has the TSS-P 1.0 system with lane departure alert, steering assist, pedestrian detection and auto high beams.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm having this same problem with my 2017 Highlander Limited and I'd be interested on what the other members have to say about it.
This may or may not be related.Our 2017 HiHy auto light system quit working on a trip from Houston to Florida. Hit a very heavy thunderstorm during the day and the lights never came on. Afterwards we stopped for gas and I noticed that DRLs lights were not on but since then all seemed to be working fine. We had the cloasest dealership check it out upon returning home and they could find nothing wrong but as soon as I pulled into my driveway afterwards I got out and realized the DRLs were not working again. I called my service rep and said I’m was coming back and by the time I backed down the driveway they were back on again. Makes me think that after driving for while the temperatures under the hood increase enough to cause a connection problem. Got our 40K maintenance coming up with the original dealer we bought from and will ask them to take a look. The way everything is buttoned up under the hood I have no idea where to start or how to check connections.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts